Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Coming back to the UK after 2 years

Coming back to the UK after 2 years

Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

GingerUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Coming back to the UK after 2 years

My daughter lives in Azerbaijan with her husband (also ExPat). The company the husband works for is wanting to reduce his hours of work leaving them unable to pay school fees for my 2 grand daughters. She thinks they may have to return to the UK but she is scared and doesn't know how they will live when the y get here... what hoops to jump through until they can get a job. She thinks she won't be able to get benefits or anything.... she is plain scared (she is under 30 LOL). She is not leaving because she wants to but because her husband is losing money and she doesn't have a work visa.

Not sure if I am making sense here so please forgive me... am a bit shell shocked. Has anyone ANY advise for us?

Thanks

GingerUK
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:24 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming back to the UK after 2 years

Originally Posted by GingerUK
My daughter lives in Azerbaijan with her husband (also ExPat). The company the husband works for is wanting to reduce his hours of work leaving them unable to pay school fees for my 2 grand daughters. She thinks they may have to return to the UK but she is scared and doesn't know how they will live when the y get here... what hoops to jump through until they can get a job. She thinks she won't be able to get benefits or anything.... she is plain scared (she is under 30 LOL). She is not leaving because she wants to but because her husband is losing money and she doesn't have a work visa.

Not sure if I am making sense here so please forgive me... am a bit shell shocked. Has anyone ANY advise for us?

Thanks

GingerUK
Hi the only help i can give is to direct you to this link http://www.backtobritain.com/index.p...nment-benefits
hope its what your looking for and i wish your daughter well on her return

The Link is found in the wiki at the top of the forum page, but if you dont know its their ...........then you wont know to look.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Thank you for this link
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

singlemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the rough

Was your daughters husband paid in UK? If so they might be able to get some child tax credit. As a general rule if you call The Child Tax credit helpline they won't tell you how much the reward is going to be but they can give you an idea. It will all depend on what is the total annual income, how old the child is etc. But this is providing the guy was paid in UK in the previous financial year. They can also backdate the payments, which is great in case they didn't claim it before, they can claim now.

I am sorry I can't suggest anything else.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

singlemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the roughsinglemum is a jewel in the rough

http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue....axCredits.aspx

here you can check if your daughter's family qualifies for the tax credits.

hope it helps
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by singlemum
Was your daughters husband paid in UK? If so they might be able to get some child tax credit. As a general rule if you call The Child Tax credit helpline they won't tell you how much the reward is going to be but they can give you an idea. It will all depend on what is the total annual income, how old the child is etc. But this is providing the guy was paid in UK in the previous financial year. They can also backdate the payments, which is great in case they didn't claim it before, they can claim now.

I am sorry I can't suggest anything else.
I'm not sure about this.. I will ask her... thanks!