opinions on this!!!

Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:24 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default opinions on this!!!

We have decided to move back as i`m sure some of you now know.

we have the house up for sale now and its getting worse every day wanting to just go and get back to where we belong ASAP.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has actually packed up the house and went back before it sold and dealt wth it from home. We did mention it to the agent as an option but he didnt think it was a good idea as the house would be completely empty and Buyers wont see the potential ( something to that effect) I know we would be paying a Mortgage while its empty and also paying rent when we get back atleast up untill we got the proceeds but we are thinking if we get back quick we can make all the arrangements back home to get back to normal as we are now sick of everything about us moving here and need to get settled.

I have recently found out my mum who is 76 has to go in for a Triple Bypass in the next 2-3 mths and just feel i want to be there even more.

Having a bad day!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: opinions on this!!!

I know Century 21 agents 'stage' empty houses here - any chance of finding an agent that does this?

Get yourselves home if you can - sounds like you need to be there.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Have heard estate agents say the same thing, that without furniture the house looks empty and unloved and buyers will tend to offer less as a result.

On the other hand it is easier for you to show an empty house and not try to live your lives to the tidiness standards required for inspections.

But if you need to go home asap then a few thousand might not be a great problem - is it on the market already? If the price is realistic you could get a quick sale, fingers crossed.

Find out what your neighbours sold for, and do your homework (also factor in the costs of waiting a few months for the sale ie rental in Glasgow, mortgage over here etc)
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

jackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the roughjackhigh is a jewel in the rough

a few months ago, friends who had just had enough here moved back to UK before being able to sell their house. Left it in the hands of the agents. It was no problem. The agents continued marketing the house and holding open days and sold it about 6 weeks after they left. The house wasn't 'staged', just empty as they had left it. All the paperwork was done via e-mail and post. We were going to act as executors but wasn't needed. If we haven't sold our house before we're due to move back we'll probably do the same thing as there is no way I'm staying here any longer than I have to.
The agents were Century 21. So I'd say go for it.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:30 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

As a buyer, we have bought two houses that were empty and not staged. I gave me a better idea of what I could do with the place, looking at someone else's idea of how to decorate somehow doesn't appeal to me.
So selling empty is always a possibility.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
We have decided to move back as i`m sure some of you now know.

we have the house up for sale now and its getting worse every day wanting to just go and get back to where we belong ASAP.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has actually packed up the house and went back before it sold and dealt wth it from home. We did mention it to the agent as an option but he didnt think it was a good idea as the house would be completely empty and Buyers wont see the potential ( something to that effect) I know we would be paying a Mortgage while its empty and also paying rent when we get back atleast up untill we got the proceeds but we are thinking if we get back quick we can make all the arrangements back home to get back to normal as we are now sick of everything about us moving here and need to get settled.

I have recently found out my mum who is 76 has to go in for a Triple Bypass in the next 2-3 mths and just feel i want to be there even more.

Having a bad day!!!!
Hopefully your home will sell fast and there will be no worries of leaving it behind for the realtors.

Me, I'm not too sure i would want to leave the house unprotected from crime/fire!!! (doesn't someone actually have to be checking on it for insurance reasons) So, Who actually keeps a eye on it??

keep us posted! & good luck and well wishes for your mum.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

achanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really niceachanginglife is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
As a buyer, we have bought two houses that were empty and not staged. I gave me a better idea of what I could do with the place, looking at someone else's idea of how to decorate somehow doesn't appeal to me.
So selling empty is always a possibility.
I was thinking the same thing, I much prefer to view houses that are empty, so you are not distracted by other peoples ideas. So that needn't be a deciding factor.

But really our opinions are not going to help you....

What is more important to you - getting your house sold , or being home, getting settled and close to your mum, before her big op?

As long as you can keep enough pressure on the realtor to sell, have an effective way to keep in contact with them and use a power of attorney to act on your behalf. Its not a big hassle to sort it out from any where.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

The last two houses we bought were empty and we crunched them a bit on the price, but it didn't put us off buying them.

So you will be home for Christmas Sunny G either way by the sounds of it, that is great news.

And you get to have a proper Hogmanay too, have an Irn Bru WKD for me.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:10 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl
The last two houses we bought were empty and we crunched them a bit on the price, but it didn't put us off buying them.

So you will be home for Christmas Sunny G either way by the sounds of it, that is great news.

And you get to have a proper Hogmanay too, have an Irn Bru WKD for me.
We will all be back for Christmas no matter what, i just hope that we can all head back at the same time, everything will depend on when my mum goes in for this operation which we should know in the next 2 weeks an exact date.

I dont drink the WKD but i will have one for you
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Great, will keep my fingers crossed for a quick sale for you.

Have you told your mum yet or is it going to be a surprise?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:37 pm
UK is Home

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Great, will keep my fingers crossed for a quick sale for you.

Have you told your mum yet or is it going to be a surprise?
thanks Islandgirl we just hope it all goes through without any hastle

I have told her we are heading back but she doesnt know when although she will know deep down that i will be there before she goes in for the Op.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:19 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: opinions on this!!!

Hi Sunny, sorry it hasn't worked out for you guys. wish you all the best
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Hi Sunny, sorry it hasn't worked out for you guys. wish you all the best
Your sentiments are well intended, of that I have no doubt, and this post *is not* directed at you in any way, shape or form.

But I sometimes think we need to differentiate between where "things have not worked out" and where people have done an honest, objective appraisal of their personal situation and, on the back of it, made a brave decision to do whatever is necessary to put themselves in a situation where their happiness or satisfaction with life is regained.

It personally pisses me off when people use terms like "struggle" and the like, as if to imply failure.

If I went to Paris for the day and decided that it was overrated and rather disappointing and pledged to go to Barcelona next time instead, have I *failed*?

To the OP, I wish you all the best in your endeavours to return to the UK and I sincerely hope there is a positive outcome with regards to your mother's medical situation.

I apologise for the defensive tone of my post.

Last edited by tictac; Sep 19th 2008 at 5:12 am. Reason: .
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:21 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Good point well made, however my comment was an attempt to express my regret that the plans made by Sunny ( we went through the visa process at the same time) re emigration " did not work out" as planned.
It was in no way meant to indicate failure, lack of effort or any flibberty gibbetness of any kind.
Apologies if anyone thought otherwise.

Lighten up mate
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:47 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with kportes comment - it was positive - so lighten up.

We all wish Sunny Glesga well and hope that mum's op goes easily and that the circumstances unfold well in the future.

Having also been brought up in 'Glesga' I can assure everyone that it is not sunny at all, ever - and it needs to lighten up too!!

That's a light hearted remark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.