claiming job seekers

Old May 1st 2011, 8:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: claiming job seekers

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Then again I first emigrated in 1981 ....
Is that like saying I first gave up smoking in.....
Old May 1st 2011, 8:56 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Is that like saying I first gave up smoking in.....

Well it was almost as painful.
Old May 6th 2011, 3:59 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

well after all my stress and complaining we did get Job Seekers Allowance and they passed our HRT! Had our first payment today, which was only for 6 days but at least we can eat now! It won't pay for a roof over our heads but we can eat!
Just thought I'd update. I have also got through to a second interview at KFC (bit different to the work I had been doing which paid 31000 pounds a year, and now could be paid minimum wage but its a start) on Sunday for a Team Leads job! Its a start in the job market and it will keep me busy and getting more than job seekers so i'll swallow my pride and take it if they offer it me and keep looking for something else!
OH back too and is actively looking for work and registered with a couple of agencies and being an electrician, I don't think it will be long before he finds something.... fingers and toes crossed!!
Old May 6th 2011, 4:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatcat65
well after all my stress and complaining we did get Job Seekers Allowance and they passed our HRT!
Good news.

Out of curiosity, what was the date they paid from in relation to your UK arrival and date of claim?
Old May 20th 2011, 9:18 am
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Good news.

Out of curiosity, what was the date they paid from in relation to your UK arrival and date of claim?
I had been back in the UK a month before i put in a claim and they paid me from the date i applied... incidentally my youngests claim for ESA still hasn't been sorted out yet and that's been 7 weeks now!! Still i'm sure it will. After all the hassle of that we have thankfully signed off as my OH and I have jobs now! Thanks for all the advice though and support I appreciate it.
Old May 20th 2011, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by fatcat65
I had been back in the UK a month before i put in a claim and they paid me from the date i applied.
Great.

Hopefully that will inspire others when faced with the same problem.