British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Chester? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/chester-642292/)

mister_meow Apr 17th 2010 8:26 am

Re: Chester?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8503066)
Toby Inns have a small lodge with a few rooms...it is right by the M56 exit.

http://www.toby-carvery.co.uk/find-a...levillage.html

Alrighty - Thanks very nice and cheap. LOL hopefully I can get there providing the ash cloud clears. Maybe this is a sign. :thumbup:

Jerseygirl Apr 17th 2010 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by mister_meow (Post 8503752)
Alrighty - Thanks very nice and cheap. LOL hopefully I can get there providing the ash cloud clears. Maybe this is a sign. :thumbup:

Let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

mister_meow Apr 18th 2010 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8504010)
Let me know if I can be of any further help. :)

Don't worry your my little beacon. :thumbsup:

I worry about the volcano will I ever get there now. That can last months. My flight leaves on the first gulp.:blink:

Jerseygirl Apr 18th 2010 8:55 am

Originally Posted by mister_meow (Post 8505436)
Don't worry your my little beacon. :thumbsup:

I worry about the volcano will I ever get there now. That can last months. My flight leaves on the first gulp.:blink:

Keep the faith!! :)

Cumbrian Lass Apr 19th 2010 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mister_meow (Post 8127249)
Hi - I'm new here - I've been in Canada for 8 years. I'm afraid that it has ran it's course for me - Reluctantly I'm looking to go home - I don't fancy the prospect of making min-wage in Canada and running out my last bit of savings - So I want to move to somewhere nice - Chester sounds perfect place to start over - Houses are affordable to let and it looks great - I would like to hear some more thoughts on Chester.

HI there
what part of Chester did you move to?
are you settled there now?
do you have any children going to school over there too?
we have been living in Canada for 9yrs now and just went back to the UK 2 weeks ago....for a holiday.I automatically felt at home again,and was just wondering how you feel now you are there again
many thanks :D

mister_meow Apr 22nd 2010 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass (Post 8508690)
HI there
what part of Chester did you move to?
are you settled there now?
do you have any children going to school over there too?
we have been living in Canada for 9yrs now and just went back to the UK 2 weeks ago....for a holiday.I automatically felt at home again,and was just wondering how you feel now you are there again
many thanks :D

Ooh Hi - Give me chance - I haven't got there yet - LOL - I have no idea where to live - It will depend solely on if we like the apartment - Not to close to downtown - It will be 2 of us and we don't have children and we have no idea where in Chester to live - We pick Chester because it is close to 3 major cities and at random and the work we do and half-way point for family visits - TBH as of the Ist of June appears to be getting closer I'm getting more and more the Jitters - All I know is that I can have nice house in Canada and will probably live out my life without any struggles sitting in front of the telly ever night with no friends - But I've had enough of it and I don't think i will ever be able to give you a definitive answer, the one that your hoping to find like lot of ex-pats seen to search for - There is no definitive answer - We're just taking a chance - I need more in my life than this and England as much as the chaos it is in and despite all the problems it's home.