Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

In case you were wondering why you want to go back....

In case you were wondering why you want to go back....

Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: In case you were wondering why you want to go back....

Originally Posted by wiltshire_1
Good question! I didn't want to, but hubby was set on it - now after being here, he sees my point of view and we are off back home to UK. Just a pity we have to wait till next year!
oh well. good luck.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Rubbish!

I only got back from there 3 weeks ago. Spent time with my grandchildren. Many of those shots reminded me of happy times with them and places and things we did.
Maybe when you have grown up enough to appreciate what that means you will see things differently. Until then, carry on waxing your surf board and thinking of nowt but you.
Thats not very nice. Ive spent the best part of 35 years in the UK. And if your talking about "Memories" well..ive experienced those im afraid but i can retain them in my mind and dont need a Video to remind me!

By the way, all i think about are my wife and children.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:00 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SurferBoy
Thats not very nice. Ive spent the best part of 35 years in the UK. And if your talking about "Memories" well..ive experienced those im afraid but i can retain them in my mind and dont need a Video to remind me!

By the way, all i think about are my wife and children.
First of all, why do we all have to be like you? Just because you retain your memories in your head and dont feel the need to enjoy them through pictures doesnt mean we cannot. Secondly, I feel it wasnt very nice to dismiss our memories and enjoyment of the pics as sentimental clap trap.

When i left UK i did not have grandchildren and i did not leave just for the hope of a nice life. I left because i married a NZer and his father was dyiing of cancer and he wanted to spend time with him before he died.
The rest is a complicated story i cant be bothered typing.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

First of all, why do we all have to be like you? Just because you retain your memories in your head and dont feel the need to enjoy them through pictures doesnt mean we cannot. Secondly, I feel it wasnt very nice to dismiss our memories and enjoyment of the pics as sentimental clap trap.

When i left UK i did not have grandchildren and i did not leave just for the hope of a nice life. I left because i married a NZer and his father was dyiing of cancer and he wanted to spend time with him before he died.
The rest is a complicated story i cant be bothered typing.
im sorry about that. I wrote "why did you leave" to the other guy who said he cant wait to get back to the UK not yourself.

Ok. Maybe i should have took the users of this boards feelings into consideration before posting such a flippant remark. .
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:14 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

im sorry about that. I wrote "why did you leave" to the other guy who said he cant wait to get back to the UK not yourself.

Ok. Maybe i should have took the users of this boards feelings into consideration before posting such a flippant remark. .
No worries. I am sorry too. I am having a bad day, I have a lot on my mind and you pushed my buttons.. lol

I can now see you are new to the forum so dont know my history recently.

Friends?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

No worries. I am sorry too. I am having a bad day, I have a lot on my mind and you pushed my buttons.. lol

I can now see you are new to the forum so dont know my history recently.

Friends?

lol of course. I think ambiguity is a problem on these message boards as well. Because im a nice guy. Honest!

Sorry to hear your having a bad day..and to give you a good laugh i will send you a copy of my last wage slip!

apols again. And good luck in your endeavors!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many of those shots reminded me of happy times with them and places and things we did.
Good for you Flea.

I just thought they were nice, and tbh, they were posted for those who are wanting to go back, which I thought was pretty obvious from the title.
Hey Ho....
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:05 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

lol of course. I think ambiguity is a problem on these message boards as well. Because im a nice guy. Honest!

Sorry to hear your having a bad day..and to give you a good laugh i will send you a copy of my last wage slip!

apols again. And good luck in your endeavors!
So what brings you into this forum when you are so happy here in Oz SB?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:30 am
Banned

Davies. Libby is an unknown quantity at this point

Land of Hope and Glory

Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free,
How shall we extol thee, who are born of thee?
Wider still, and wider, shall thy bounds be set;
God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet!

Truth and Right and Freedom, each a holy gem,
Stars of solemn brightness, weave thy diadem.

Tho' thy way be darkened, still in splendour drest,
As the star that trembles o'er the liquid West.

Throned amid the billows, throned inviolate,
Thou hast reigned victorious, thou has smiled at fate.

Land of Hope and Glory, fortress of the Free,
How may we extol thee, praise thee, honour thee?

Hark, a mighty nation maketh glad reply;
Lo, our lips are thankful, lo, our hearts are high!

Hearts in hope uplifted, loyal lips that sing;
Strong in faith and freedom, we have crowned our King!

Proud to Be British!

Last edited by Davies. Libby; Oct 7th 2008 at 10:47 am.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
So what brings you into this forum when you are so happy here in Oz SB?
Hi. This forum helped me get out here and i occasionally bob back on to the update or barbie forum to stick my oar in, thats all.

All i have learned is everyone is different and comes for different reasons and also that you have to take yourself with you wherever you go as i said to the last lady i was chatting to. So to me its not the place your in. Its the Place your in inside yourself.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:47 pm
Banned

Davies. Libby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. This forum helped me get out here and i occasionally bob back on to the update or barbie forum to stick my oar in, thats all.

All i have learned is everyone is different and comes for different reasons and also that you have to take yourself with you wherever you go as i said to the last lady i was chatting to. So to me its not the place your in. Its the Place your in inside yourself.

Its fare enough though.

But I hate to see "Britain has gone to the dogs"
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wiltshire_1
Good question! I didn't want to, but hubby was set on it - now after being here, he sees my point of view and we are off back home to UK. Just a pity we have to wait till next year!
Hi there just wondering why you have to wait such a long time before going back to UK?

We are in canada hoping to come back to UK soon too but in dilemma of waiting here until next November when we become eligible for citizenship here? Is it worth waiting for incase our kids or even we want to return some day. Personally id be off like a shot but hubby wants to retain the option of having dual citizenship.

So for us its probably another year at least before we can hop on the plane
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant links. Probably not what I should be looking less than 24hrs after returning my UK holiday
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Davies. Libby
Its fare enough though.

But I hate to see "Britain has gone to the dogs"
Who said that?

Would it be ok to say it if it were true?

I/We can all see the way Australia is headed cant we !
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

wiltshire_1 will become famous soon enoughwiltshire_1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby
Hi there just wondering why you have to wait such a long time before going back to UK?

We are in canada hoping to come back to UK soon too but in dilemma of waiting here until next November when we become eligible for citizenship here? Is it worth waiting for incase our kids or even we want to return some day. Personally id be off like a shot but hubby wants to retain the option of having dual citizenship.

So for us its probably another year at least before we can hop on the plane
Hubby has signed a 3yr contract. I'm going back Feb 2010 (trying to get back for next xmas but will depend on pennies!) Basically, I'd go back tomorrow but can't bare being separated from my husband for 3yrs and it will take us 16 months to save what we need to get our belongings back home. As it is, I will have to be apart from my husband for best part of 18 months. Will be harder on my husband though as he will miss our young children hugely. We could get citizenship if we wanted but I don't want it - I'll never be back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.