Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

In case you were wondering why you want to go back....

In case you were wondering why you want to go back....

Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In case you were wondering why you want to go back....

Saw these........

Just in case you are wondering whether to stay or go...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvbEAwEo6s

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iU48dRf04Z8

Pete

For Mags and all those north of the border

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbpVVeZE_c

Last edited by scrubbedexpat055; Oct 6th 2008 at 5:59 am. Reason: For Mags
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In case you were wondering why you want to go back....

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Saw these........

Just in case you are wondering whether to stay or go...
Nana style..........
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:29 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

That made me cry...

Many of those scenes I was amongst only 3 weeks ago. I saw the hay bailing in the fields just 2 days before i left and some gorgeous red admiral butterflies on the sunflowers in my daughters garden. Even the raindrops looked beautiful in those shots.

Can't wait to get back and potter around in my own piece of English countryside.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

wiltshire_1 will become famous soon enoughwiltshire_1 will become famous soon enough

I can't bare to open the links because if it's scenes from the UK I will just burst into tears - again!

I so want to go home - it's gonna be a long 16 months
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Okay I have to admit you had me shed a tear or two also with the beautiful Scottish countryside and lilting music (and I'm not someone who cries). I do miss the beauty of Scotland.........

Lovely, though
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

auntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud ofauntie_wolf has much to be proud of

Thanks, those are beautiful!
I continue to try and find a way to emmigrate...anyone want to get married?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough

sentimental clap-trap. Sorry
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:23 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SurferBoy
sentimental clap-trap. Sorry
What is wrong with sentimentality?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

SurferBoy will become famous soon enoughSurferBoy will become famous soon enough

nothing but its a brief encounter. The rain drops wont look so beutiful after a couple of...well...days.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

wiltshire_1 will become famous soon enoughwiltshire_1 will become famous soon enough

nothing but its a brief encounter. The rain drops wont look so beutiful after a couple of...well...days.
Neither will the land in a drought - like here!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

all i mean is i can show you a beutiful piece of cinematography with lovely background music and i can make Beruit look appealing.

Its not the place its the person. Never has been, Never will be....So pictures of a "Place" are irrelevant really, albeit nice for a bit of sentiment!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:37 am
I don't give a damn

all i mean is i can show you a beutiful piece of cinematography with lovely background music and i can make Beruit look appealing.

Its not the place its the person. Never has been, Never will be....So pictures of a "Place" are irrelevant really, albeit nice for a bit of sentiment!
Rubbish!

I only got back from there 3 weeks ago. Spent time with my grandchildren. Many of those shots reminded me of happy times with them and places and things we did.
Maybe when you have grown up enough to appreciate what that means you will see things differently. Until then, carry on waxing your surf board and thinking of nowt but you.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

You can show me any cinematography of Australia and it wouldn't make me feel one bit sentimental about the place!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

So why did you come in the first place?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

So why did you come in the first place?
Good question! I didn't want to, but hubby was set on it - now after being here, he sees my point of view and we are off back home to UK. Just a pity we have to wait till next year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.