Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Is buying property in Wales the same as England?

Is buying property in Wales the same as England?

Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

MrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really niceMrSensical is just really nice
Default Re: Is buying property in Wales the same as England?

Originally Posted by johnh009
Exactly the same up until the point where they burn your house down:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1471584.html
LOL as soon as I saw this thread title I wondered the same thing
Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:47 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrSensical
LOL as soon as I saw this thread title I wondered the same thing
So you're living in the past, too then? ... I'm sure the Welsh members of BE appreciate the stereotype. Let's see, what other cheap jokes could we dredge up ... something to do with sheep, maybe?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Milana_Rosemont
My Maltese granny has a home in Wales and loves it there; my parents bought her a country house in disbelief when she decided to move there in 2001. As far as I know the procedure is exactly the same or very similar.
What part of Wales, is ''disbelief ''located in ? North or South?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dunroving
So you're living in the past, too then? ... I'm sure the Welsh members of BE appreciate the stereotype. Let's see, what other cheap jokes could we dredge up ... something to do with sheep, maybe?
And of course, ''Gum Boots''
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I'll have you know some of my best friends are sheep
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beachgal21
I'll have you know some of my best friends are sheep
Yes, but BG, do they wear gum boots?

Oh! And yes, I love Lamb, and have eaten Veal in the past!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:04 am
Milana

Milana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dontheturner
What part of Wales, is ''disbelief ''located in ? North or South?
I think it's actually slept Ddysbylyff, in true Welsh fashion. Nah, she lives in Pembrokeshire. I was referring to the fact that my parents could believe she wanted to move to Wales...
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:05 am
Milana

Milana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant futureMilana_Rosemont has a brilliant future

What are gum-boots? Are they like wellies?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Milana_Rosemont
What are gum-boots? Are they like wellies?
Yes, but very heavy and robust. make your legs ache, if you are not used to them.

Wellies, could be galoshes, which are very small.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:09 am
Milana

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Yes, but very heavy and robust. make your legs ache, if you are not used to them.

Wellies, could be galoshes, which are very small.
Oh... Never seen them haha I don't think I want to wear those though.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

We only wear our wellies in Wales when we have to wade through particularily deep sheep sh*t.