Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

British Hens Have Bigger Fannies Than Aussie Hens!

Wikiposts

British Hens Have Bigger Fannies Than Aussie Hens!

Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:03 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: British Hens Have Bigger Fannies Than Aussie Hens!

Thanks so much for this thread, I have PMSL for the past 5 mins Really brightened my day!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:00 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I bought some eggs at Tescos recently and the box said 'Big and British'. Just like me And I don't even have a BMW
Yeah yeah, we only have your word for that dont we? Can you verify this?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I know! I opened a box of "jumbo" eggs once. What an anti climax that was!

And never mind the size, whats with the insipid pale colour?
They're Australian, insipid kind-of goes with the territory..........

....(Polly ducks and runs for cover then remembers she's in the Rovers not the Barbie )
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:06 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They're Australian, insipid kind-of goes with the territory..........

....(Polly ducks and runs for cover then remembers she's in the Rovers not the Barbie )
Geeez arent they funny?
I like a fresh ready meal and you'd think I just farted in the lift or something
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Geeez arent they funny?
I like a fresh ready meal and you'd think I just farted in the lift or something

I don't know what it is that people don't get about the fact that we are all different and all want different things from life - and from supermarkets
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Great thread this.

The only proper coloured Aussie eggs I have ever had are the ones from my FIL's hens....
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:28 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Do yourself and the caged hens a favour and buy free range eggs ... the way the birds are treated and what they are fed are the reasons why it is insipid and yuk.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel
Do yourself and the caged hens a favour and buy free range eggs ... the way the birds are treated and what they are fed are the reasons why it is insipid and yuk.
while this is to some degree true, it is sadly another way in which the consumer can be duped.

it can mean that in actual fact, although not in all cases, the same hens in the almost the same environment but the doors are opened. the hens are institutionalised and just sit there. this is perfectly legal and allows the producer to claim the free range tag. i think if this is an issue for you the term to look for is free roaming , farm free or something like that.
best of all get your own chooks who will produce eggs of all sizes but will be pretty good
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I won't bother mentioning the large, golden yellow yolked free range eggs I get here then. Me and my world - you've got to be in it to see it.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I won't bother mentioning the large, golden yellow yolked free range eggs I get here then. Me and my world - you've got to be in it to see it.
We get it. You like Australia
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:44 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
while this is to some degree true, it is sadly another way in which the consumer can be duped.

it can mean that in actual fact, although not in all cases, the same hens in the almost the same environment but the doors are opened. the hens are institutionalised and just sit there. this is perfectly legal and allows the producer to claim the free range tag. i think if this is an issue for you the term to look for is free roaming , farm free or something like that.
best of all get your own chooks who will produce eggs of all sizes but will be pretty good
I have 10 hens and a huge light sussex rooster ... My broody will hopefully be hatching out some littleuns anytime now.

I would NEVER buy eggs from a supermarket again
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Are they like the ones I used to regularly get in England?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Are they like the ones I used to regularly get in England?
I don't know I've never gone egg shopping with you Big buggers, with bright orangey yellow yolks. Two egg omlettes are huge!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I Big buggers, with bright orangey yellow yolks.
Yep....that'll be down to the food supplements used in the egg industry...and by free range egg farmers.

G
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Grayling
Yep....that'll be down to the food supplements used in the egg industry...and by free range egg farmers.

G
Had some small pale rubbish ones, they were all caged I think. Why would you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.