Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Brit with US wife move to UK

Brit with US wife move to UK

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brit with US wife move to UK

Hi guys,
This has probably been posted a million times before, so forgive me for asking. An opportunity may present itself in the UK for us. I know about the settlement (VFF2) visa for the wife, but was wondering if anyone has gone through this can you answer the following questions please:

1. How long does DC take to process the visa application?
2. How much does it cost?
3. Where it says on the application where will you live, can you put down a temporary accommodation address, as obviously i haven't bought a house yet!?
4. I have been studying in the USA as a student (obviously) and was wondering if i qualify for 'home fees' at a UK university. I want to apply for medical school in the UK.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 3:41 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit with US wife move to UK

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
..... 1. How long does DC take to process the visa application? ....
In 2000 it took DC a couple of days, but I seem to recall that they moved the marriage visa unit to the NYC consulate.