Born in America

Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Born in America

Toms mother was born in America in the year 1928 they left America when she was 8 and lived over in Ireland when she was 28 she came to England and has lived here ever since on one question its asking about citizenship she as never held a british passport or applied for one how do we answer this one
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Born in America

Originally Posted by mad city fan
Toms mother was born in America in the year 1928 they left America when she was 8 and lived over in Ireland when she was 28 she came to England and has lived here ever since on one question its asking about citizenship she as never held a british passport or applied for one how do we answer this one
Probably by posting in a forum about the UK rather than about Australia?

I'll move you
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

If she has never bothered to obtain British citizenship I guess she would be a USC.

Though I haven't a clue what questions you are referring to...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
If she has never bothered to obtain British citizenship I guess she would be a USC.

Though I haven't a clue what questions you are referring to...
We are filling in form 80 to apply for an Australian visa 136 maybe its the way I asked the question thats the reason ive been moved but if anyone here can help please yell
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:19 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

We are filling in form 80 to apply for an Australian visa 136 maybe its the way I asked the question thats the reason ive been moved but if anyone here can help please yell
What other help do you need? Looks straightforward to me.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elvira
What other help do you need? Looks straightforward to me.
she has never claimed british citizen ship and it asks when they became a citizen of this country
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:57 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

she has never claimed british citizen ship and it asks when they became a citizen of this country
I suggest she looks into it. I read about a case recently on the BBC website about an old lady who had lived in Scotland since she was a little girl and the authorities were looking to deport her back to the US because she didn't have UK citizenship.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:03 pm
Homebody

If she has not naturalised she is not a British citizen. You were saying that she is a USC.

Obviously it would be advisable to naturalise.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

She's a U.S. citizen.

As to her status in the United Kingdom:
- where was her father born?
- does she have Indefinite Leave to Remain stamped in her (American) passport?
- does she have any of her own parents or grandparents born in Ireland (was that the reason they went there, not many people moved to Ireland in the 1930s). Irish links may mean she's an Irish citizen, or eligible for citizenship, which makes the pathway to British citizenship much easier.

She ought not to even think about leaving the UK until her status is resolved.

Last edited by JAJ; Jun 20th 2007 at 12:12 am.