Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread

The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread

Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:12 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread

Originally Posted by busterboy
Ooooh, sorry to just butt in on the thread BUT.... Mackinnon how the devil are you? As someone who did not buy into Australia (Melbourne if my failing memory is correct) how are you finding thing being home?
Really enjoying being home, in so much as I didn't get reverse culture shock this time like I did when returned from a year in Oz before.

Plus started uni last month so getting my fees paid by Scottish govt. which is nice of them!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:15 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Really enjoying being home, in so much as I didn't get reverse culture shock this time like I did when returned from a year in Oz before.

Plus started uni last month so getting my fees paid by Scottish govt. which is nice of them!
Good to hear! Am always hearterned to hear of folk returning home and being very glad to have done so. Well done and well done on uni.

Keep posting peeps...I am in the mood for bookin' a ticket.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:17 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

I met plenty of those "Scots" when I was in Australia.

They are the same ones who turn up to see Scottish sport stars/musicians at events in Australia wearing their Scotland tops & waving Saltires.

Arseholes.
Excuse Me! Mac whatever your name is, just because we are happy, just like 90% of Scots who either live there or not and take the rip out of some parts of Scotland i.e. junkies dirty nappies on the beach settee's in the garden, needles in playgrounds etc etc, doesn't mean we cannot be supportive of our national teams/colours. In fact has no relevance at all with each other!

I don't know what part of Glasgow you live in but get your head out of the clouds and go look at the depraved areas of Glasgow. There is not more people living below the poverty line in Glasgow/Scotland than anywhere else in UK for no reason!

I am proud to be Scottish but it doesn't mean I have to say it is the best place in the World, in fact I know it is not. I am also aware that other cities/countries in the world have the same issues as scotland/UK, but the sun sometimes shines on them.

I also do not think this is the place for people like you to be taking the hierarchy and calling other people rude names!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

How long do you have to be a resident in Scotland to have your fees paid by the Scottish Government
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:35 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theduke
Excuse Me! Mac whatever your name is, just because we are happy, just like 90% of Scots who either live there or not and take the rip out of some parts of Scotland i.e. junkies dirty nappies on the beach settee's in the garden, needles in playgrounds etc etc, doesn't mean we cannot be supportive of our national teams/colours. In fact has no relevance at all with each other!

I don't know what part of Glasgow you live in but get your head out of the clouds and go look at the depraved areas of Glasgow. There is not more people living below the poverty line in Glasgow/Scotland than anywhere else in UK for no reason!

I am proud to be Scottish but it doesn't mean I have to say it is the best place in the World, in fact I know it is not. I am also aware that other cities/countries in the world have the same issues as scotland/UK, but the sun sometimes shines on them.

I also do not think this is the place for people like you to be taking the hierarchy and calling other people rude names!
And this isn't the place for me to hijack another thread, so instead I'll post another photo:
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-img_1133.jpg  
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

And this isn't the place for me to hijack another thread, so instead I'll post another photo:
Lovely
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:39 am
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all

Makes me think - trout

hey, you have some great shots, I would love to know where this shot and the others were taken.

if you have any more I would love to see them ( particularly the ones with sunshine ) as it is really reminding me of the sheer beauty of Scotland and I am positive the others viewing this thread will enjoy them too

I know I am .

cheers
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:48 am
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all

A few more................

Perth

Anstruther

Gaurdbridge

All taken in Jan 2008
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-099.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-127.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-359.jpg  
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lookin2Oz
Thought it may be an idea to get folks to put up some pics of Scotland.
Hi Lookin2Oz,
Love this thread!
Your photos have inspired me to plan and go over in Dec. for a 'look-n-see' visit!!!!, although more for my OH sake, but after seeing your pics, I just know that I need to be there, back where I belong! Just a bit worried once there, I don't want to come back
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:04 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Glen Affric, July 2006
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-100_1563.jpg  
Old Oct 21st 2008, 3:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by AudsFrmSA
Hi Lookin2Oz,
Love this thread!
Your photos have inspired me to plan and go over in Dec. for a 'look-n-see' visit!!!!, although more for my OH sake, but after seeing your pics, I just know that I need to be there, back where I belong! Just a bit worried once there, I don't want to come back
Hi Auds,

Yeah, the belonging thing is a biggie and I was rather miserable coming back to New Zealand after our trip and I thought that being in Scotland in winter would settle me here.

I have been looking at jobs in Scotland and there are some really good opportunities but not sure how the potential employer reacts until you are in-front of them.

If your OH can look past the weather there you will be great. Although we have been ( and still are) looking at Oz versus Scotland I can say that without a doubt - my soul longs for Scotland and when I look at the pictures on this thread I want to be there.

I crave that our weekends could be outdoors in such beauty ( even if it is raining) but most importantly be with my own people and my missus has Scots blood in her , 4 generations back.

Other people have said it on this thread and it is my thoughts also that the outdoors there just seems to call you. I look at these vistas over the lochs and think – oohh.

Really – my roots are there and I feel my roots calling
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:11 pm
Banned

three more ...............

Com on folks, there must be more photos you can add ........

Let's see your pics
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-101.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-067.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-191.jpg  
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:35 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Glen Nevis and Glencoe
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-glen-nevis.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-glencoe2.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-glencoe.jpg  
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

you have officially made me homesick have not lived there for 8 years but my mum lives in morvich near kyle of lochalsh spent 6 weeks up ther last summer is certainly gods own country as aussies like to say
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

you have officially made me homesick have not lived there for 8 years but my mum lives in morvich near kyle of lochalsh spent 6 weeks up ther last summer is certainly gods own country as aussies like to say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.