Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread

The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread

Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:09 am
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all
Default The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread

Thought it may be an idea to get folks to put up some pics of Scotland.

Here are three for a start………

Taken in Jan this year

Let’s see if we can get this thread going, com on, let’s see all those Bonnie Scotland pics

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-pictu-101.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-024.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-092.jpg  

Last edited by Lookin2Oz; Oct 19th 2008 at 7:38 am.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:42 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread

Old pictures but i enjoyed taking them. From the borders to the mountains and to Ullapool.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures guys. Actually from where I live in NI (on the Antrim coast) on a clear day I can see Scotland just across the water.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

one of the lochs near oban, taken a few days ago.
i returned from perth late last year and love the fact that you can walk virtually anywhere in scotland or england.
my dog certainly prefers scotland, long walks,"OFF" the lead,something he did
not get when we were in perth.
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-october2008-073.jpg  
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

oooops!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think i should have made picture smaller.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz
one of the lochs near oban, taken a few days ago.
i returned from perth late last year and love the fact that you can walk virtually anywhere in scotland or england.
my dog certainly prefers scotland, long walks,"OFF" the lead,something he did
not get when we were in perth.
Absolutely lovely, and what a cute dog
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

lovely photos..wait until margaret3 sees this thread, she'll be
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:34 pm
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all

Some more .................
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-041-2-.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-picture-118.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-pture-043.jpg  
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:29 pm
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Anyone any pics of Possilpark in Glasgow, or even Easterhouse shops now that would make a nice picture. Nice to see they have built a new Pollock Shooping Centre, I remember the last one, it was state of the art, lol.

What about Union Street in Glasgow, real tourist attractors.

Sorry just been back on hols and yes Scotland is beautiful like most countries in certain areas. My rose tinted spec were removed.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry just been back on hols and yes Scotland is beautiful like most countries in certain areas. My rose tinted spec were removed.[/QUOTE]

yes that's so true,but i would have to say that overall, scotland has so much beauty and diversity,you have mountains,lochs,beautiful coastlines,fantastic city's--edinburgh,glasgow,inverness,some pituresque towns and villages, all of which in my humble opinion offer more than what most countries can in way of scenic beauty.
i returned to scotland not with rose tinted glasses but with fresh enthusiasm.
when i lived in oz i once heard a cop{scottish} say at a barbeque that the rivers and seas around scotland were full of shopping trollies!!!!!
what bullshit,,,,,this just perpetuates the myth that scotland and the uk in general, is a dump.
the aussies love their country, bad bits and all,you never here them downing their country,i think it's time we brits stood up for what is a great country, a country that has more to offer than beaches and barbecues, which after a while you get tired of.
australia's beautiful,but i think the uk is even better,warts and all.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:49 pm
Banned

Sorry just been back on hols and yes Scotland is beautiful like most countries in certain areas. My rose tinted spec were removed.
yes that's so true,but i would have to say that overall, scotland has so much beauty and diversity,you have mountains,lochs,beautiful coastlines,fantastic city's--edinburgh,glasgow,inverness,some pituresque towns and villages, all of which in my humble opinion offer more than what most countries can in way of scenic beauty.
i returned to scotland not with rose tinted glasses but with fresh enthusiasm.
when i lived in oz i once heard a cop{scottish} say at a barbeque that the rivers and seas around scotland were full of shopping trollies!!!!!
what bullshit,,,,,this just perpetuates the myth that scotland and the uk in general, is a dump.
the aussies love their country, bad bits and all,you never here them downing their country,i think it's time we brits stood up for what is a great country, a country that has more to offer than beaches and barbecues, which after a while you get tired of.
australia's beautiful,but i think the uk is even better,warts and all.[/QUOTE]

Well said

And to prove it - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/7670156.stm

I see Australia / NZ didn't even feature !

Last edited by Lookin2Oz; Oct 19th 2008 at 11:52 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:54 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

I met plenty of those "Scots" when I was in Australia.

They are the same ones who turn up to see Scottish sport stars/musicians at events in Australia wearing their Scotland tops & waving Saltires.

Arseholes.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:04 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mackinnon
I met plenty of those "Scots" when I was in Australia.

They are the same ones who turn up to see Scottish sport stars/musicians at events in Australia wearing their Scotland tops & waving Saltires.

Arseholes.

Ooooh, sorry to just butt in on the thread BUT.... Mackinnon how the devil are you? As someone who did not buy into Australia (Melbourne if my failing memory is correct) how are you finding thing being home?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:07 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Isle of Skye 2008
Attached Thumbnails The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-img_1094.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-img_1295.jpg   The BONNIE SCOTLAND picture thread-img_1176.jpg  
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

I thought so. My brother is a Munro bagger, and his favourite place in all of Scotland is the Isle of Skye. I've seen many beautiful photos from his collection and thought it was Skye. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.