Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Originally Posted by MissBetty
I was the weepiest girl on the block in the 6 months before I left. I was just so tired, frustrated and over it, at times I thought I'd never get there. As people on here know from reading my 'troppo' thread, the women I worked with decided to start a bullying campaign against me just before I left which was horrendous. They actually tried to get me sacked for a Facebook post even though I'd already resigned just to try and stuff me up for future jobs - evil evil witches

Thanks for the congrats and the best of luck to you, just keeping going, you will get there even though sometimes you feel like you are wading through treacle. Its a unique thing to go through and yes you are right, it was a good thing, like all that pent up stress and misery just got washed away - and gave a nice afternoon's entertainment to people in an otherwise boring motorway services ha ha!!!
That resonates too...
I wasn't a practising lawyer at the time, but I still took the bas...ds to the Supreme Court.

It was a kind of draw.....but they never did it to anyone else the SOB's!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

MissBetty,

Congratulations!!!!! So pleased for you, wonderful news! I love reading your updates, I'm sorry about the floodgates opening with your friend but it definitely sounds like you needed to get that out of your system, you've been amazing all you have been through to get to this point, good for you!!

Charley/Lestergirl, No way!!!! I'm so jealous!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

I am soo happy for you. I read all your posts and always want the best for you. For you to feel happy, at peace and at home. I think you have found it. YEAH to you..
Old Jul 26th 2013, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I was the weepiest girl on the block in the 6 months before I left. I was just so tired, frustrated and over it, at times I thought I'd never get there. As people on here know from reading my 'troppo' thread, the women I worked with decided to start a bullying campaign against me just before I left which was horrendous. They actually tried to get me sacked for a Facebook post even though I'd already resigned just to try and stuff me up for future jobs - evil evil witches

Thanks for the congrats and the best of luck to you, just keeping going, you will get there even though sometimes you feel like you are wading through treacle. Its a unique thing to go through and yes you are right, it was a good thing, like all that pent up stress and misery just got washed away - and gave a nice afternoon's entertainment to people in an otherwise boring motorway services ha ha!!!
At least you made it to the motorway services! I was driving around NYorkshire heading for Whitby when I was overcome by those same sorts of feelings - had to pull into a lay by to bawl my eyes out and throw up - all on my own too! It was my Pre-Traumatic Stress reaction to the thought of returning to a bullying workplace in a country I didn't want to be in! That was back in 2007! God, we are a weird lot, aren't we?!

Congrats on getting the job you want! Sounds awesome - high level skills and occasional travel, what's not to relish!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 4:51 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the job MissB, I am truly happy for you, and you totally deserve it!

Isn't it great being home!?
Old Jul 26th 2013, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Have just caught up with this thread, inspiring,funny and heartwarming--great news that you've got the job you wanted, Bette!

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop.....
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:14 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much all of you who took the time to read and post on this thread! It took so long to get to this point but the support from all of you really did help brighten many a gloomy day!

To everyone who is still 'there' keep going, we will all be here to share your highs and lows and cheer you on to where you want to be. To everyone who made it home it was all so worth it wasn't it?!!! Here's hoping the sun continues to shine this summer and who is looking forward to Xmas this year??!!! I know I am!!!
Old Jul 29th 2013, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much all of you who took the time to read and post on this thread! It took so long to get to this point but the support from all of you really did help brighten many a gloomy day!

To everyone who is still 'there' keep going, we will all be here to share your highs and lows and cheer you on to where you want to be. To everyone who made it home it was all so worth it wasn't it?!!! Here's hoping the sun continues to shine this summer and who is looking forward to Xmas this year??!!! I know I am!!!
I AM! It will be my first Northern Hemisphere Christmas in 36 years!

I have had a sparkly white and silver gaudy but great Christree, that I brought here with me and never put up. If it gets back in one piece, it will get pride of place with every bit of glinsal and titter I can lay my hands on!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:09 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Congratulations on your new post, MissBetty!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:16 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
I AM! It will be my first Northern Hemisphere Christmas in 36 years!

I have had a sparkly white and silver gaudy but great Christree, that I brought here with me and never put up. If it gets back in one piece, it will get pride of place with every bit of glinsal and titter I can lay my hands on!
Sounds fab! Will be my first Xmas with family and not stuck in the middle of nowhere in 5 years so I'm hearing you!!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:18 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Congratulations on your new post, MissBetty!
Thanks so much! Yes I'm very pleased as I feel ready to go back to work now. It's been great having time off but I'm happy to be employed again
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:31 pm
Practical Paramedic

So today I went to the GP's to see the nurse to update all my vaccinations before going back to work. Usually occ health would cover it all but being self employed its my responsibility to keep my records up to date. The nurse was so nice so I explained to her what I required and asked her to advise on anything else I might need.

So I had diphtheria, polio, Hep A, Hep B, typhoid and tetanus boosters today, they didn't hurt, but was waiting for the sting in my wallet -
Imagine my surprise when the bill only came to £25!!!! Turns out they were all free except the Hep B booster -

It was quite gratifying to get something for free as, since I've been back, I haven't claimed anything and have paid my full council tax etc etc. Thank God for the NHS, I've hardly ever used it but its nice to know its there when you need it!! I went and bought the nice nurse a cake from the local bakery to say thanks for her help and for being gentle with my jabs lol! She was laughing and said thanks very much and that no one ever does that. Me? I'm just grateful I wasn't looking at a massive bill like I would have been in Oz just for getting vaccinations to protect me while I do my job. Oh and the mean receptionist wasn't there today - result ha ha!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Jul 30th 2013 at 3:37 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:19 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

So today I went to the GP's to see the nurse to update all my vaccinations before going back to work. Usually occ health would cover it all but being self employed its my responsibility to keep my records up to date. The nurse was so nice so I explained to her what I required and asked her to advise on anything else I might need.

So I had diphtheria, polio, Hep A, Hep B, typhoid and tetanus boosters today, they didn't hurt, but was waiting for the sting in my wallet -
Imagine my surprise when the bill only came to £25!!!! Turns out they were all free except the Hep B booster -

It was quite gratifying to get something for free as, since I've been back, I haven't claimed anything and have paid my full council tax etc etc. Thank God for the NHS, I've hardly ever used it but its nice to know its there when you need it!! I went and bought the nice nurse a cake from the local bakery to say thanks for her help and for being gentle with my jabs lol! She was laughing and said thanks very much and that no one ever does that. Me? I'm just grateful I wasn't looking at a massive bill like I would have been in Oz just for getting vaccinations to protect me while I do my job. Oh and the mean receptionist wasn't there today - result ha ha!!!!
Brilliant! I love how friendly and helpful people are here.

Congratulations on your new job. Really happy it's working out so well for you
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

nice you bought a cake, yes I bet they weren't used to that and nice not have a HUGE bill for any medical services..
Old Aug 5th 2013, 12:47 am
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for the feeling when my plane takes off and I'm heading home. I'm going to enjoy my life to the full when I get home. If it rains I don't care, I will never complain about food prices ever again, I will make the most of my time with my sister and I will enjoy every minute with my old friends. I don't belong here, I belong in the UK with the people I love. Xx