Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Betty Boomerangs Back!!

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Attachment 112903

Attachment 112904

Attachment 112902

Ok not sure if this will work but here are two pics I took in the Old Town on Saturday evening, the second one is the lovely pub (The Crown Inn) I stayed in when I was away in the West Country! The 'Jenny Lind' is my local and the church is just round the corner from me and its the road where they film 'Foyle's War'!
says they afre 'invalid links'
Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:29 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

No joy for me on the attached links either Miss B.
Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't make them work either
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 6:26 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, I just can't work out whats going wrong, will do some digging around and try again!

Anyways I had my first bad experience in 5 weeks yesterday with that terrifying harridan who strikes fear into the hearts of mere mortals - The Doctor's Receptionist lol!

Called my local surgery (6 doors down) to book in for some vaccinations, just in case I get an overseas job sooner rather than later, and was told to sod off by said dragon as I was not registered - alledgedly???!! Hmmmm!

But heres the kicker, she said to me "I can tell by your accent that you are not a British national so I highly doubt you are entitled to sign on with one of our doctors anyway - oh dear. Silly woman. Down went the phone, up went my temper and down to the doctors surgery I marched................

Walked in and glared at her. BANG - down on the counter went my BRITISH passport, BANG - down went my drivers licence, BANG - down went my NHS card and then I hissed at her "Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that? I am a British Citizen and I am entitled to be registered here and you need a lesson in manners Madam!" She went rather pale lol! Then she said (sheepishly) that one of the doctors on the second floor was accepting patients so gathered up my documents gave her a curt nod and walked away upstairs - smirking! I am now registered with the new doctor but gosh, what an unpleasant experience, maybe she'll be a bit more careful next time?!!! Lol!

Anyways I have two interviews lined up this month, one is a skills assessment/interview for an agency that I submitted my CV to a few weeks ago that place medics overseas in remote/offshore locations. Already had a phone interview with them which went well so hopefully something might come of it! The other interview is for bank staff with East of England service, there are vacancies in Norfolk (too far) but also Cambs and Herts so that's drivable and also I can stay up in a Travelodge overnight if I get a few shifts together.

Tomorrow I've finally decided to make a start on getting rid of all the weight I put on in Australia when I was depressed, crying and stuffing my face with biscuits and cakes on a daily basis - oink oink!!! My local leisure centre has a summer offer atm, an unlimited pass for gym/swim/classes for 4 weeks for a mere £39.50 - bargain! I have lots of time on my hands atm and I can walk there and back so I think its a golden opportunity while I'm not doing shift work to kick start my way back to fitness - very inspired of course by Quoll and WhoFan who have done brilliantly in that department since returning to the UK

Onwards and upwards!

Last edited by MissBetty; Jul 2nd 2013 at 8:02 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

But heres the kicker, she said to me "I can tell by your accent that you are not a British national so I highly doubt you are entitled to sign on with one of our doctors anyway - oh dear. Silly woman. Down went the phone, up went my temper and down to the doctors surgery I marched................
I almost felt sorry for the poor cow....she never stood a chance!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, I just can't work out whats going wrong, will do some digging around and try again!

Anyways I had my first bad experience in 5 weeks yesterday with that terrifying harridan who strikes fear into the hearts of mere mortals - The Doctor's Receptionist lol!

Called my local surgery (6 doors down) to book in for some vaccinations, just in case I get an overseas job sooner rather than later, and was told to sod off by said dragon as I was not registered - alledgedly???!! Hmmmm!

Walked in and glared at her. BANG - down on the counter went my BRITISH passport, BANG - down went my drivers licence, BANG - down went my NHS card and then I hissed at her "Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that? I am a British Citizen and I am entitled to be registered here and you need a lesson in manners Madam!" She went rather pale lol! Then she said (sheepishly) that one of the doctors on the second floor was accepting patients so gathered up my documents gave her a curt nod and walked away upstairs - smirking! I am now registered with the new doctor but gosh, what an unpleasant experience, maybe she'll be a bit more careful next time?!!! Lol!

Anyways I have two interviews lined up this month, one is a skills assessment/interview for an agency that I submitted my CV to a few weeks ago that place medics overseas in remote/offshore locations. Already had a phone interview with them which went well so hopefully something might come of it! The other interview is for bank staff with East of England service, there are vacancies in Norfolk (too far) but also Cambs and Herts so that's drivable and also I can stay up in a Travelodge overnight if I get a few shifts together.

Tomorrow I've finally decided to make a start on getting rid of all the weight I put on in Australia when I was depressed, crying and stuffing my face with biscuits and cakes on a daily basis - oink oink!!! My local leisure centre has a summer offer atm, an unlimited pass for gym/swim/classes for 4 weeks for a mere £39.50 - bargain! I have lots of time on my hands atm and I can walk there and back so I think its a golden opportunity while I'm not doing shift work to kick start my way back to fitness - very inspired of course by Quoll and WhoFan who have done brilliantly in that department since returning to the UK

Onwards and upwards!
Miss Betty!!!! Are you planning to move overseas again? I am a confused by your post.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:22 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Miss Betty!!!! Are you planning to move overseas again? I am a confused by your post.
Lol confused.com?!! No I'm going freelance if I can get enough work, bank shifts in the UK as a frontline paramedic and offshore/remote the rest of the time. It's usually one month on, one month off so I will be working overseas but based here in the UK!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Ha ha, Miss Betty, I love the story of the doctor's receptionist. You do feel sometimes as if they are there to stop you getting an appointment.
I caught an interview on Sky news about international students being charged £200 per annum for NHS care and the government is also considering clamping down on free care for non EU citizens, so maybe she'd been listening to all that stuff. Anyway, you showed her in no uncertain terms!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Lol confused.com?!! No I'm going freelance if I can get enough work, bank shifts in the UK as a frontline paramedic and offshore/remote the rest of the time. It's usually one month on, one month off so I will be working overseas but based here in the UK!
well done dealing with the receptioist like that, far too many of them are so full of their own importance, think the surgery should send her on a course to improve her people skills.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 3:58 pm
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by curleytops
I almost felt sorry for the poor cow....she never stood a chance!
Yes indeed! No one is allowed to rain on my parade these days - no one! Its 'Betty's Law' ha ha ha!!!!

Originally Posted by jemima55
Ha ha, Miss Betty, I love the story of the doctor's receptionist. You do feel sometimes as if they are there to stop you getting an appointment.
I caught an interview on Sky news about international students being charged £200 per annum for NHS care and the government is also considering clamping down on free care for non EU citizens, so maybe she'd been listening to all that stuff. Anyway, you showed her in no uncertain terms!
Yes I heard all that so maybe that's what it was? Anyway she was so rude I just saw red and felt compelled to go down there and put her straight lol!

Originally Posted by mikelincs
well done dealing with the receptioist like that, far too many of them are so full of their own importance, think the surgery should send her on a course to improve her people skills.
Yes I'm not normally that aggressive but she really peed me off, her tone was so superior and she probably gets away with it most of the time!

It really gets my goat when you go in to book an appointment and they ask you what you want to see the doctor for, reminds me of the Catherine Tate sketch when she shouts out "Well me 'eads 'anging off!" when asked that by a doctor's receptionist ha ha!!!

I usually just smile nicely and say "Where did you get your medical degree from?" and when they say oh I don't have one I just smile again and say "Exactly!" walk away and take my seat calmly and wait to see someone who can help me with a medical problem i.e. a doctor!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:35 pm
Practical Paramedic

Just wanted to share with you all, my Mum and Dad are finally home from Europe tomorrow! Haven't seen them for nearly two years now so I'm pretty excited, my journey home is now nearly complete.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 11:21 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to share with you all, my Mum and Dad are finally home from Europe tomorrow! Haven't seen them for nearly two years now so I'm pretty excited, my journey home is now nearly complete.
That is fantastic! Hope there's lot of hugging and cake
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Attachment 112903

Attachment 112904

Attachment 112902

Ok not sure if this will work but here are two pics I took in the Old Town on Saturday evening, the second one is the lovely pub (The Crown Inn) I stayed in when I was away in the West Country! The 'Jenny Lind' is my local and the church is just round the corner from me and its the road where they film 'Foyle's War'!
Couldn't see them!

I looked for he FW road when we stopped off in Hastings recently but couldn't see it. Had a good brekkie though - think the place was called Land of Green Ginger but could be mistaken
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:24 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by quoll
Couldn't see them!

I looked for he FW road when we stopped off in Hastings recently but couldn't see it. Had a good brekkie though - think the place was called Land of Green Ginger but could be mistaken
You were very close to it, it's behind the big church you can see on your right (Croft Road) as you walk up the High St away from the seafront. That restaurant is fab and literally just over the road from where I live!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Working overseas? You just go there! lol! Still . . . at least you will be in the UK when you go home and not Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.