Wikiposts

BBC TV iPlayer

Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC TV iPlayer

Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

I use UKiVPN - then we plug our laptop into the TV - just like watching it at home! You can get ITV, BBC, Channel 4 - there is a yearly charge - but itws well worth it
Old Dec 17th 2010, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by taffie77
i-Player is only available in the UK (because of licensing fees), but you can get round it with a UK proxy.
Due to my location I'm pretty happy with my satellite dish, but sometimes I could do with the iPlayer to catch up with what I failed to record. I'm not really familiar with this proxy tech stuff, is it legal? I mean, can they shut you down in some way?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
Natural histories and documentaries??? Are you crazy? corrie/eastenders and x-factor/strictly is where its at girl
British telly is probably still the best in the world, despite all the soaps, cookery programmes, dancing etc. I could easily live without it though and if I moved to USA I would probably not even bother to own a TV.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 2:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Due to my location I'm pretty happy with my satellite dish, but sometimes I could do with the iPlayer to catch up with what I failed to record. I'm not really familiar with this proxy tech stuff, is it legal? I mean, can they shut you down in some way?
Using a proxy isn't illegal, well in most countries. You aren't a license payer in the UK though if that's a concern.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

I've been using Expat Shield for a few weeks now and it's excellent. Free too. Great solution for watching iPlayer over here until the BBC make it available to us next year.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

Originally Posted by katybluewater
I use UKiVPN - then we plug our laptop into the TV - just like watching it at home! You can get ITV, BBC, Channel 4 - there is a yearly charge - but itws well worth it
So how does it work had a quick look on website but lots of diff options which did you go for? Can you keep watching US as well as UK??
Old Dec 18th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Goodacre
I've been using Expat Shield for a few weeks now and it's excellent. Free too. Great solution for watching iPlayer over here until the BBC make it available to us next year.
Define "us" please
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Define "us" please
Us expats! There are plans to release a subscription-based iPlayer for international users in 2011, initially on the iPad. Plenty of things to worry about (price, platform), but at least it is progress of sorts:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...-to-ipad/20420
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:57 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Iplayer is going to become avaliable to those overseas, but with accessing from overseas, you will have to pay for the service. So, depending on cost, a vpn might still be better. - doh posted at same time as goodacre!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

Hubby uses Foxy Proxy...
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

I took Ex Pat shield off my computer yesterday. When I was disabled and I was using Netflix it kept sending me to other sites rather then netflix straight away interfering with my connection.

It looked like it was sending me to referal sites.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouserwife
Hubby uses Foxy Proxy...
Sounds like a sex toy ^__^
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Didnt want to say anything , but I thought the same!!
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:51 am
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

lol