Reload this Page >

Bank account statement dilemma

Bank account statement dilemma

Old Jul 24th 2023, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank account statement dilemma

Hi there,
My US spouse has his spouse visa appointment next week in Seattle.

We have sold our house to support the financial requirement, and the required funds are in our account.
I have requested a stamped statement to show the funds going into our account, but because our statement cycle isn’t until mid August they can only provide a:

-stamped transaction history showing the funds going in, the last 4 digits of the account, but not our names.
- stamped proof of account letter showing our address, names, last 4 digits of our account number and total in the account, but not the transaction history.

Are these document sufficient or should we reschedule our appointment until the statement cycles mid August?

thanks!
Old Jul 24th 2023, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank account statement dilemma

When did you submit your application?
I ask the question because there is the 28 days restriction for financial documents (which includes statements)
When is mid August for your next statement?

Can you get an interim statement (think sometimes called a mini statement) if needs be.?

I don't know whether those documents you have suggested are OK
Old Jul 24th 2023, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
When did you submit your application?
I ask the question because there is the 28 days restriction for financial documents (which includes statements)
When is mid August for your next statement?

Can you get an interim statement (think sometimes called a mini statement) if needs be.?

I don't know whether those documents you have suggested are OK

Hi SanDiegogirl,
We submitted the application 10 days ago on 7/14. Does the 28 day rule mean that financial documents can’t be older than 28 days?

The bank statement cycles on 8/11 I believe.

I am going to go and get a mini statement, but I believe they have to be printed at the ATM. I’m not sure how much information they show.

i’m thinking that it’s better to cancel the appointment for this Friday and wait until we get the most up-to-date statement. What do you think?

thanks!

Old Jul 25th 2023, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, getting confused with your dates:

On 18 July you said:

Financial Documents- (Cat D- sale of property in last 6 months)
  • Bank Statement for July 2023 showing net funds being deposited into savings and that covers the financial requirement
Are you now saying that your July statement does NOT show the funds from the sale of your house being deposited?

When did the funds go in?
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, getting confused with your dates:

On 18 July you said:

Financial Documents- (Cat D- sale of property in last 6 months)
  • Bank Statement for July 2023 showing net funds being deposited into savings and that covers the financial requirement
Are you now saying that your July statement does NOT show the funds from the sale of your house being deposited?

When did the funds go in?
sorry for the confusion. I posted that when the money from the house sale was pending in our bank account. On 7/20 the money showed as available.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pollybegoode
sorry for the confusion. I posted that when the money from the house sale was pending in our bank account. On 7/20 the money showed as available.

.... but, from what you say, the 20th July was AFTER your July statement was ready.
See if your bank can produce an interim/mini statement; if not get one from the ATM and supply that together with the other 'statements' you say you can get.
If your next full statement is not going to be ready until mid August, and you submitted your app on 14 July, you would be close (if not over?) the 28 day period.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

.... but, from what you say, the 20th July was AFTER your July statement was ready.
See if your bank can produce an interim/mini statement; if not get one from the ATM and supply that together with the other 'statements' you say you can get.
If your next full statement is not going to be ready until mid August, and you submitted your app on 14 July, you would be close (if not over?) the 28 day period.
thanks for this! You’re correct, 20 July when the funds cleared in our account was AFTER our statement was ready meaning that that payment wasn’t included in this months statement unfortunately.I have got a printed ATM mini statement to include with the documents, and you are again correct that it would be cutting the 28 day requirement very close if we waited until our next statement in August.I think we are going to go ahead with the appointment as planned and hope that these documents are sufficient.Is there anything else that you could suggest for us to bring with us?Would we explain the situation with the statement cycle in my sponsor letter?
once again, thank you for everything!
Old Jul 25th 2023, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No harm in explaining situation with regard funds from property in your sponsor letter.

Good luck.