TOR1 APPLICATION

Old May 19th 2022, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default TOR1 APPLICATION

Hi, we did our TOR1 application on the 17th April, but @ today are still waiting a response. Is it usual for them to take over the 15 working days they mention when you do the application? Anyone waiting much longer to still receive theirs?
Old May 22nd 2022, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

thebungler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TOR1 APPLICATION

fwiw - we submitted our TOR on the 9th of May - and have yet to receive a response - will let you know when we do.

Slightly concerned with how long yours is taking - our move out date is on the 27th - I guess we're going to need temporary storage as we're told that our goods can't be loaded for shipment until our shipper has our URN.
Old May 23rd 2022, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi, we are still waiting - I was told by our shippers that ideally they want the URN before our container loads, but worse case scenario as long as they receive it before it reaches the UK then that should be okay - otherwise it will be a case of us having to pay whatever tax/duty customs want and then claiming it back afterwards - which is something we are hoping won't be necessary!
Old May 23rd 2022, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thebungler
fwiw - we submitted our TOR on the 9th of May - and have yet to receive a response - will let you know when we do.

Slightly concerned with how long yours is taking - our move out date is on the 27th - I guess we're going to need temporary storage as we're told that our goods can't be loaded for shipment until our shipper has our URN.
Hi, just to let you know my husband ended up ringing HMRC earlier this evening our time - and he was told they couldnt trace the reference number we'd been emailed. The lady he spoke to said that some applications had gone missing. How that would happen I have no idea! Anyway, we have had to re-do the online application today - and email the lady our new reference number for her to look at hopefully today. I would therefore suggest that you perhaps ring them too - the telephone number we used is UK 0300 322 7064. or you can Email them at [email protected]
Old May 23rd 2022, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Oh no! - that's terrible!! - thank you so much for the heads up - really appreciated - we'll contact HMRC asap :/
Old May 23rd 2022, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh no! - that's terrible!! - thank you so much for the heads up - really appreciated - we'll contact HMRC asap :/
Less than 4 hours after re-doing our application ours has been approved. So definitely get onto them. Good luck!
Old May 24th 2022, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Well that's good! - I'm happy that you got that turned around so quickly ... one less thing to stress about I'm sure

We contacted them this morning - they were unable to confirm that they had received our application - and were adamant that our email receipt was all the confirmation we require!

It seems like there's currently a bit of a backlog processing applications - and they're currently up to applications from the 5th May - they estimate they should be processing applications submitted on the 8th May (the day we submitted ours) by the end of this week.

All the best with your move!
Old May 25th 2022, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Well that's good! - I'm happy that you got that turned around so quickly ... one less thing to stress about I'm sure

We contacted them this morning - they were unable to confirm that they had received our application - and were adamant that our email receipt was all the confirmation we require!

It seems like there's currently a bit of a backlog processing applications - and they're currently up to applications from the 5th May - they estimate they should be processing applications submitted on the 8th May (the day we submitted ours) by the end of this week.

All the best with your move!
It sounds like the person you got at the other end of the phone wasn't as helpful as the lady my husband spoke to. I do hope that they get back to you at the end of this week too... Thanks for the good luck wishes - this is our 4th international move - and hopefully our last! Good luck with yours too.
Old May 27th 2022, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Just as an update - we received approval for our transfer of residence approval yesterday - which I think is 14 working days after submission.... phew!

Old May 28th 2022, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Just as an update - we received approval for our transfer of residence approval yesterday - which I think is 14 working days after submission.... phew!
that's great - what a relief! good luck with your move.
Old Jun 3rd 2022, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

EliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond reputeEliDaBulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I have started my TOR application process. I am still packing my MoveCube and writing down everything as I add items.
Here is snippet of my TOR list that I plan to submit. Can someone tell me if this is good and will be accepted, as-is? Anything I should do better or differently?

Old Jun 4th 2022, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi, that is exactly how we listed all our goods and ours was not queried at all.
Old Jun 4th 2022, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

It may be different between countries you are leaving to come back to UK.I came from an EU country & after submitting the list had to provide other info.in writing about cancellation of my residency.That though was a year ago.
Old Jun 4th 2022, 2:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

My shipping list from the mover notes things mostly by box load (and size of box). So x number boxes of books, for example, or Y boxes of kitchenware. Am I going to need to estimate something more specific than this, or can I just upload the pdf of the shipping list?

Old Jun 5th 2022, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

we did our own list but also sent the shippers quoted inventory. the reason we did our own list was because the shippers only put basic details, ie bedroom 6 boxes etc.... when we spoke to HMRC the lady said they wanted more specific numbers & what would be in the boxes - ie, DVD's 100 etc..... the numbers only have to be approx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.