Backhanded Compliments

Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:44 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Backhanded Compliments

My husband is currently making me a lovely curry for dinner. Whilst surfing away on here I looked over at him and said, "I'm really lucky to have you"... so his reply??

"Awww thank you... i'm lucky to have you too. There's more to life than a bit of hot tottie you know" ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:curse:

BAR STEWARD

whats the best backhanded compliment you ever heard?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Backhanded Compliments

You should have turned around and said 'yeah, and size is overrated'
Old Feb 28th 2009, 8:12 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! I am usually very quick, but didnt think of that
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:37 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

My mum use to give me back handed compliments.....on a regular basis

I wasn't impressed
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:39 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by sans
My mum use to give me back handed compliments.....on a regular basis

I wasn't impressed
Yes, so did my grandmother, with a bamboo stick!!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:45 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes, so did my grandmother, with a bamboo stick!!
Dont you just luv em haha.......Maybe be its her fault i'm as daft as a brush
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:47 am
I don't give a damn

Dont you just luv em haha.......Maybe be its her fault i'm as daft as a brush
Yerrr... emotionally scarred for life
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:56 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Yerrr... emotionally scarred for life
It helps with the day to day things......
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:52 pm
I don't give a damn

It helps with the day to day things......
Sorry Sans... i nodded off to sleep on the sofa mid conversation with you... oh well, i'm allowed nanna naps and all that.

Trouble is, I just woke up and its 3am!! Damn... will be up all night again
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:12 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Sorry Sans... i nodded off to sleep on the sofa mid conversation with you... oh well, i'm allowed nanna naps and all that.

Trouble is, I just woke up and its 3am!! Damn... will be up all night again
Not to worry When people stop talking, i get stuff done Otherwise i'd be on 24/7

Its so hard to break that habit after 3 yrs of posting.......Nana naps lols My granny always had 40 winks
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:14 pm
I don't give a damn

Not to worry When people stop talking, i get stuff done Otherwise i'd be on 24/7

Its so hard to break that habit after 3 yrs of posting.......Nana naps lols My granny always had 40 winks
Yeah, but you sort of make online pals so i guess when you come back you still like to keep in touch. I know i will.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:26 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Yeah, but you sort of make online pals so i guess when you come back you still like to keep in touch. I know i will.
So true...I'm just bloody nosey like to see what peeps are upto..

When i was in Canada it was my only release ( sounds sad) just couldn't shake off my ENGLISH self and change to fit in and as much as i tried, i could not draw the Canadians in either

So it was expats that kept me sane .....anyway i like to help if i can, even if half of them ignore me lols
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:31 pm
I don't give a damn

So true...I'm just bloody nosey like to see what peeps are upto..

When i was in Canada it was my only release ( sounds sad) just couldn't shake off my ENGLISH self and change to fit in and as much as i tried, i could not draw the Canadians in either

So it was expats that kept me sane .....anyway i like to help if i can, even if half of them ignore me lols
Yep... just lately it seems a waste of time trying to contribute to many threads. You go out of your way to either give advice, support, or your take on things, only to be totally ignored because the other posters are wrapped up in their own bubble.

This section used to be a great place to come for a laugh, cry and copious amounts of kind hearted support. You could even have a good old rumpus over something yet carry on as normal next day.Something seems to have changed in here.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:18 am
sjo
Forum Regular

sjo will become famous soon enough

My MIL was famous for her backhanded compliments and nasty comments. I particularly remember her saying to a family member 'I just saw June and she is very fat these days, but not as fat as you though...no offence'! Don't you just love the way that people think that 'no offence' somehow negates an insult.

Mind you, my MIL once wrapped up a part used can of air freshener as a Christmas present for me...almost 20 years later, I'm still not sure what that was all about, especially as she never went out of her way to visit my house to know whether it smelt or not!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:36 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Yep... just lately it seems a waste of time trying to contribute to many threads. You go out of your way to either give advice, support, or your take on things, only to be totally ignored because the other posters are wrapped up in their own bubble.

This section used to be a great place to come for a laugh, cry and copious amounts of kind hearted support. You could even have a good old rumpus over something yet carry on as normal next day.Something seems to have changed in here.
Yes your right somethings very much changed...but its not just in here the Canada forum has changed big time. I dont post in their anymore, we use to have a giggle and the occasional as you say good old scrap

But its got very stale Their is afew of the hollier then thou still posting and afew wannabe's......
It seems afew of the old regulars cleared off and set up their own forum

I have my own thoughts on why this has happened and i dare say it would cause a rumpus If i said exactly what i think
And to be honest i carn't be bothered