Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Back a week and soooo happy!!!

Back a week and soooo happy!!!

Old May 29th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: Back a week and soooo happy!!!

Originally Posted by shelley748
Hi Moggie miss

Glad to hear your story.....are you planning on a job- I would be interested to know your thoughts and experience on the job market!!! MMMMMM real bacon I am jealous!!
I do have a local government pension so don't have to work although I would like to do something part time. I don't want to have to travel to work by car due to petrol costs ...

The word is that jobs are not easy to get especially in the public sector. Touggh times.

Bacon butties .... I will be as fat as the animals that produce the bacon at this rate ..... Yum yum.

Old May 29th 2012, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moggiemiss
I do have a local government pension so don't have to work although I would like to do something part time. I don't want to have to travel to work by car due to petrol costs ...

The word is that jobs are not easy to get especially in the public sector. Touggh times.

Bacon butties .... I will be as fat as the animals that produce the bacon at this rate ..... Yum yum.

good for you, so happy that all has worked out for you xx
Old May 30th 2012, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

I will be eating my way through every supermarket when i get back lol.
Old May 30th 2012, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

I know ... I bought a load of cheese cos it was so cheap. Tesco value Brie is under £1 and would cost about $5 in Canada. Their value pickle is a pretty good sub for Branson and about 40 pence a jar.

I assure you will love being.back. I did think the size of my new washer was a bit pathetic but rejoice in a boiler that sits on the wall instead of having a beast in the basement ....

All the repartee and humour is wonderful ...

As my friend said to me ... The Canadians have had a banter bypass!
Old May 30th 2012, 5:18 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I know ... I bought a load of cheese cos it was so cheap. Tesco value Brie is under £1 and would cost about $5 in Canada. Their value pickle is a pretty good sub for Branson and about 40 pence a jar.

I assure you will love being.back. I did think the size of my new washer was a bit pathetic but rejoice in a boiler that sits on the wall instead of having a beast in the basement ....

All the repartee and humour is wonderful ...

As my friend said to me ... The Canadians have had a banter bypass!
Glad you are happy to be home. I'll be right behind you and one of things that I am really looking forward to his joining in the friendly banter. I miss it so much. Oh, and bacon butties too.

I like the sound of your car. I am going to have to get an automatic as I don't want to sit my test again. I can trade my Cdn lic. for a UK one, but I will only be licensed to drive an automatic. I plan on taking some driving lessons too as I need to refamiliarize myself with driving in the UK.

How is the driving going? I am not looking forward to driving in the UK, but I suppose I will be more comfortable with it after I have more exposure to it.
Old May 30th 2012, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a Hyundai i20 active 1.2 liter. I had a Hyundai accent in Canada which is the same car. I loved it so much i wanted another but I could not get automatic. An i20 automatic was beyond my budget brand new. I did love the i10 and automatic was within budget but none available till early July. No Ex-demonstrators available and wanted a reliable motor. I drove the new car home today and felt ok driving manual gears.

5 year warranty, 5 year RAC recovery and there was about 10% discount on the list price. Got mats and half a tank of petrol cos I paid cash.

My friend who drive me round the showrooms is a real German engineering freak but he was converted to Hyundai quality.
Thank you. Quite freaky really that is the exact car I have been looking at for my own planned return. Fyi, my parents bought one about a year ago and love it. They and I have driven it up and down England. No problems and very comfortable even for my size (height not width)
Old May 30th 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lf1
Glad you are happy to be home. I'll be right behind you and one of things that I am really looking forward to his joining in the friendly banter. I miss it so much. Oh, and bacon butties too.

I like the sound of your car. I am going to have to get an automatic as I don't want to sit my test again. I can trade my Cdn lic. for a UK one, but I will only be licensed to drive an automatic. I plan on taking some driving lessons too as I need to refamiliarize myself with driving in the UK.

How is the driving going? I am not looking forward to driving in the UK, but I suppose I will be more comfortable with it after I have more exposure to it.
I think I will be right behind you. lol

I can't wait for the banter, saying that the shippers last week had a great sense of humour. I was given a nickname, sang too and abused in a real funny way.

My friends think I look more radiant now that I know I am returning. ( I can't wait)
Old May 30th 2012, 7:33 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Back2UK
I think I will be right behind you. lol

I can't wait for the banter, saying that the shippers last week had a great sense of humour. I was given a nickname, sang too and abused in a real funny way.

My friends think I look more radiant now that I know I am returning. ( I can't wait)
Maybe they will give me one too. Robin is coming over tomorrow to take a look at our stuff and then we will probably pack it up in July. We are sharing a container so who knows when it will arrive, but the stuff we are shipping is more sentimental than anything else, not stuff we need for everyday.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

I go early morning swimming at our local pool. Four of us go from our estate. We walk down together. The staff call us by our first names. We can even bring our own CDs to play whilst we are swimming. The young lifeguards are such fun ... Loads of banter ... Everyone knows each other ... I cannot tell you how good it feels.

I get up every morning and feel good about the day ahead. Connecting with friends is fantastic .. They Have been so welcoming and no inquest about why i have come back ... Just ... So lovely to have you back!
Old Aug 5th 2012, 3:26 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! You made it back and you sound so happy I'm still here in Oz but my evil boss left (under dubious circumstances lol!). I am so much happier now as my new boss is an absolute diamond also, I finally got my citizenship, things are a LOT better than they were for me a few months ago. I don't know what I would have done without the support I got from people on BE, such a Godsend! So pleased for you, hope it all works out for you and the kitty cats! I'll be looking out for your updates