Back in Uk;10 week update

Old May 3rd 2007, 1:08 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in Uk;10 week update

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Are you brave enough to tell us where 'here' is, you rascal you?

The whole of Australia is my guess.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

my son asked me to check out the west australian online, bit alarming to read about carjacking, assults on newborn mums, drugs raids armed bandits etc. i dont read papers here cept local on sport guess it better not to read paper there to save worry for my son,
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Are you brave enough to tell us where 'here' is, you rascal you?
Yeh NZ!
If you want to fall asleep with boredom, just come to NZ!
You struggle to find something different to do each weekend!
It ends up with a trip to the library being the highlight of the weekend, you know its time to get out!
Old May 4th 2007, 5:04 am
Just Joined

lozza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you are happy to be back, like someone else has commented I am worried that we are doing the wrong thing but deep down we know that quality of life will be better for all of us and thats what we came to perth for but it hasn't happened.
Good luck to everyone whatever your dreams.
Old May 16th 2007, 12:30 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

It's great to see that when things don't turn out how you had planned then these can be turned around to something possitive, good luck to the OP for following their dreams. I just wondered by reading all the posts on here, how crucial it is to find the right place to settle, difficult I know, but very necessary as it can make such a difference to the rest of your dreams.

We are very,very happy with our lot, never had it so good, but never, ever say never. We are taking each day at a time, don't want to go back to UK at the moment as we are having a brilliant life, but very happy for those that do as it's still a great country, always was and always will be IMO
Old May 16th 2007, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milo
It's great to see that when things don't turn out how you had planned then these can be turned around to something possitive, good luck to the OP for following their dreams. I just wondered by reading all the posts on here, how crucial it is to find the right place to settle, difficult I know, but very necessary as it can make such a difference to the rest of your dreams.

We are very,very happy with our lot, never had it so good, but never, ever say never. We are taking each day at a time, don't want to go back to UK at the moment as we are having a brilliant life, but very happy for those that do as it's still a great country, always was and always will be IMO
Good post
Old May 16th 2007, 1:55 am
Account Closed

sarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to allsarahjackson is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seasprite
So after only managing 3.5 months in Oz after 2 years of plans, exams, saving, spending and research we came back home! We did emigrate "forever", so it was with some shock I finally and guiltily accepted my true feelings.I can honestly say it was the most truamatic experience of my life. And no I have seen/dealt with my fair share before you point the finger. And yes, I used to scorn people like me. What a lightweight! But if every day brings numbness or unhappiness then please consider returning. It is not worth risking your mental health for. I think unless you sever all ties you cannot fully appreciate what you are doing. We found it rather dull, gorgeous, but dull. Anyway, enough negatives, life is good again!
I can only comment on my experience but I am so happy to be home.I did not realise just how English I was. I did wonder how much I would miss some things and basically I cannot be happy without them. I am not talking about shops, tv (although it is better here) or even family too much, but the very essence of being English, the humour, the countryside, the smells and sounds, the village school, the history, old stuff, ugly stuff, my career, the cows, blah, blah... yes, in short everything. Thankfully we did not leave because we thought it was crap here (we never buy newspapers), but to try for what we thought naively would be a better life. Well it may be for some but no thanks. Yes, we could have been almost mortgage free, so what. More to life than that.
We have achieved so much on our return; husband has landed a great job, we are buying a great house and kids happy to be back and doing the old routine, same school, parks, shops, family and friends etc. Friends, family so pleased to see us.I am not explaining very well, too much wine. Anyway, if you must do this emigration thing please keep a house here just in case.And think very hard. If you are happy with your lot do not go. Just take up a new hobby instead! If you live in an overcrowded shit hole then it may be paradise ...only you will know.
Today was my best day yet. Son back to old school, all excited and happy, saw old friends for a coffee and to borrow some calpol for my teething baby, driving around country lanes, bluebells, avenues of arcing trees, lambs in fields, birdsong, into town, bargains from Woolies, pies from m&s and banter too, then picnic in play park and home to see grandma and have decent cup of tea. Simple eh? I love my life.I am very lucky.I hope anyone reading this will be as happy as me wherver they live. Right I'm off now, need a summer dress from Ebay!

p.s Just out of hospital after scary time. Ok now and great service, only complaint, I was left to it a bit once on the ward.

p.p.s I am going to try to wean myself off here abit so will just pop in now and then. thank you all for your support and just for being there. This site helped me feel safe and normal and not alone.

Glad you're back home I'm in USA for 6 mo then thats it. Dorset is nice, I used to have my holidays in Weymouth
Old May 16th 2007, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sarahjackson
Glad you're back home I'm in USA for 6 mo then thats it. Dorset is nice, I used to have my holidays in Weymouth
Yeah Dorset is beautiful. We also went there on holiday a couple of times. Camped near Weymouth absolutely gorgeous. Just a shame about the weather
Old May 20th 2007, 11:14 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, we didn't come out here thinking it'd be forever. Just want to get a few good years out of it and then look for the next move which we already think wil be back to the Uk. No problem with that whatsoever. Seems to be other people who have problems with other's moving back!
Well done for getting through a very tough time. You knew what you had to do and you did it. Nothing much lost from the experience except $$$$'s no doubt - and money is replaceable - chances at happiness are not.

Enjoy everything you missed and have a very happy life seasprite.
With every good wish,

*pearly*
Old May 20th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Personally, we didn't come out here thinking it'd be forever. Just want to get a few good years out of it and then look for the next move which we already think wil be back to the Uk. No problem with that whatsoever. Seems to be other people who have problems with other's moving back!
Well done for getting through a very tough time. You knew what you had to do and you did it. Nothing much lost from the experience except $$$$'s no doubt - and money is replaceable - chances at happiness are not.

With every good wish,

*pearly*
Very good advice Wish I hadnt thought so much in terms of "forever" - a lot more manageable!
Glad things are going good for you, Seasprite. Hope your happiness continues!
C x
Old May 20th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

With every good wish,

*pearly*
Ahh, thanks you too! karma
Old May 20th 2007, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

With every good wish,

*pearly*

That is great advice. We're not living in the days of 8 month ship journeys to the other side of the world. In today's day of the jet engine, etc., we are fortunate enough to have a choice. Live life to the full. If that means living in different countries for a few years each, then, hey! good for you