Back Home

Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of
Default Back Home

Hi All

Don't know if anyone is still here who remembers me, but you lovely people got me through my eight years in the USA. You also suggested that if I continued to be so unhappy, and my husband continued to refuse to compromise, I should consider leaving.

It turns out there was an explanation for his behaviour. Since before we were married, I now know, my Sunday School teacher husband was doing something which is now being investigated by the police, who took his computer after I and my family had to turn him in.

I got back in October and it has been hell, the case is not resolved yet, though he has been charged. I left everything behind because I didn't know what would happen if he found out I knew, so I left by going on holiday to England and not returning with him, I have left debt in America which I cannot do anything about, which I worry about every day, I don't have a job here because I am still a wreck and under treatment for depression, but I am still glad to be home!

Thanks all for listening to me when I was so unhappy there. There were some days I literally would not have got through without you.

Ruth x
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back Home

Gosh yes I remember you, so sorry to hear about such difficult circumstances, I hope you have some support back home xx
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishTeaDuck
Hi All

Don't know if anyone is still here who remembers me, but you lovely people got me through my eight years in the USA. You also suggested that if I continued to be so unhappy, and my husband continued to refuse to compromise, I should consider leaving.

It turns out there was an explanation for his behaviour. Since before we were married, I now know, my Sunday School teacher husband was doing something which is now being investigated by the police, who took his computer after I and my family had to turn him in.

I got back in October and it has been hell, the case is not resolved yet, though he has been charged. I left everything behind because I didn't know what would happen if he found out I knew, so I left by going on holiday to England and not returning with him, I have left debt in America which I cannot do anything about, which I worry about every day, I don't have a job here because I am still a wreck and under treatment for depression, but I am still glad to be home!

Thanks all for listening to me when I was so unhappy there. There were some days I literally would not have got through without you.

Ruth x
Hello...it's nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances...but from what you have said you are happy to be back home and are receiving treatment. Good for you.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the rough times, but glad you're back home and able to sort yourself out!
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Ruth x
I hope there are better days ahead for you. I hope you have some family in the UK giving you some support. All the best to you.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Ruth x
I too remember you!

I'm so sorry to read about this, but pleased that you are in a safe place.

Very best wishes

x
Old Aug 6th 2012, 1:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you are remembered. So sorry to hear that you had to learn such a difficult truth about your husband. It is as they say "You never truly know someone no matter how close you are to them." I can imagine what you discovered and very very glad that you turned him in to the authorities.

Now as for you, life has been unkind to you but you are a strong and sensible woman and you will come out ahead when this is all over and done with. Can imagine that you are distrusting yourself for not seeing what you know feel was starring you in the face. Please remember that unless you had reason to distrust or suspect something you would have no way to know what he was doing.

As for leaving everything behind, it was the correct thing for you to do. As long as you return to the US at some point with the near future (1 to 2 years), your residency will most probably be preserved. You will require a returning resident visa<?> from the Consulate but your reasons for not returning should be amble cause for your staying outside of the US. I don't know if you will be required to return for his trial as a witness or not and I'm sure you have left your contact information with the authorities.

When you return you can take care of your possessions at that point and then decide if you wish to remain in the US or return to the UK.

Go easy on yourself for you are a strong woman who has met adversity and prevailed.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 12:55 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Back Home

Originally Posted by Rete
Of course you are remembered. So sorry to hear that you had to learn such a difficult truth about your husband. It is as they say "You never truly know someone no matter how close you are to them." I can imagine what you discovered and very very glad that you turned him in to the authorities.

Now as for you, life has been unkind to you but you are a strong and sensible woman and you will come out ahead when this is all over and done with. Can imagine that you are distrusting yourself for not seeing what you know feel was starring you in the face. Please remember that unless you had reason to distrust or suspect something you would have no way to know what he was doing.

As for leaving everything behind, it was the correct thing for you to do. As long as you return to the US at some point with the near future (1 to 2 years), your residency will most probably be preserved. You will require a returning resident visa<?> from the Consulate but your reasons for not returning should be amble cause for your staying outside of the US. I don't know if you will be required to return for his trial as a witness or not and I'm sure you have left your contact information with the authorities.

When you return you can take care of your possessions at that point and then decide if you wish to remain in the US or return to the UK.

Go easy on yourself for you are a strong woman who has met adversity and prevailed.
What a lovely, thoughtful post.

I also remember you, English Tea Duck and send you some virtual (((((hugs))))).

Generally, I dislike it when people don't pay their debts. However, due to the circumstances you are in I totally understand that you are not in a position to pay them off. To the best of my knowledge I believe that it's unlikely that the US creditors can enforce payment if you are no longer resident in the USA (the Citizens Advice Bureau would be able to advise).

Did you have a Green Card or did you become a US citizen before going to England last October?

http://www.ehow.com/info_7811105_hap...e-country.html

Last edited by Englishmum; Aug 7th 2012 at 1:04 am.