Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone looking forward to the long UK winter?

Anyone looking forward to the long UK winter?

Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:42 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone looking forward to the long UK winter?

Originally Posted by chris955
Absolutely, if it is too warm I turn it down.

Your wife makes you wear shorts, you can't talk, it reminds me there was always one kid at secondary school who's parents made him wear shorts at school and boy he got the sh!t ripped out of him.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 29th 2012 at 12:32 pm. Reason: Dodgy comment removed
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Your wife makes you wear shorts, you can't talk, it reminds me there was always one kid at secondary school who's parents made him wear shorts at school and boy he got the sh!t ripped out of him, I have neve seen a grown man wear shorts here in the UK when it's so cold, you know you look a tw@t don't you.

I have, several thousand of them, all at the same time
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:06 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Mami got an ass like a donkey, with a monkey
Look like King Kong, welcome to the crib
305, that's what it is
With a woman down here the s*** don't play games

Read more: PITBULL - I KNOW YOU WANT ME LYRICS
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:16 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Mami got an ass like a donkey, with a monkey
Look like King Kong, welcome to the crib
305, that's what it is
With a woman down here the s*** don't play games

Read more: PITBULL - I KNOW YOU WANT ME LYRICS
Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:22 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Never too early for some it would seem.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by pommybird
Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?

Yer need a hot toddy to warm you up on a cold winters morn in the UK.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I honestly wish everyone could appreciate what they have here as much as I do. It's like getting a new lease of life.
Hello Sally, i absolutely agree with you, i love the seasons here, we are just getting ready to spend a month with our son& hisfamily in Laos which is a beautiful country, but we are "home birds", enjoying and appreciating living in a small country where we can drive from one end to the other in a day. The seasons are amazing, my favourite being spring when the sun starts to feel warm on your back, i love the snowdrops and daffodils, primroses everywhere and we start camping around the country from april to October. Ive just been walking in the woods which are at the end of our road, collecting conkers to put on strings for the children in the village where my son lives, we are taking a cricket set to teach them the game. So many people complain here about their lot but i feel we are very fortunate to live in Britain, for all the things that are wrong there is so much right - the media tend to concentrate on the negative which is why i enjoy local papers where you can read about the good stuff.............
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:37 am
Banned

I love the UK it is a fantastic country, with crappy weather, like I said if we had a decent guaranteed summer every year for two or three months, I could put up with the long winters, but we don't.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:43 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaques2go
Hello Sally, i absolutely agree with you, i love the seasons here, we are just getting ready to spend a month with our son& hisfamily in Laos which is a beautiful country, but we are "home birds", enjoying and appreciating living in a small country where we can drive from one end to the other in a day. The seasons are amazing, my favourite being spring when the sun starts to feel warm on your back, i love the snowdrops and daffodils, primroses everywhere and we start camping around the country from april to October. Ive just been walking in the woods which are at the end of our road, collecting conkers to put on strings for the children in the village where my son lives, we are taking a cricket set to teach them the game. So many people complain here about their lot but i feel we are very fortunate to live in Britain, for all the things that are wrong there is so much right - the media tend to concentrate on the negative which is why i enjoy local papers where you can read about the good stuff.............
Yes exactly, the people who complain have never been anywhere else and it is just a perception that things here are bad when in actual fact life for most people like in any first world country is good.
We love walking the dog at this time of the year as the countryside is so beautiful with the changing trees. Its not as if we have long hard winters like some places have.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:06 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Yes exactly, the people who complain have never been anywhere else and it is just a perception that things here are bad when in actual fact life for most people like in any first world country is good.
We love walking the dog at this time of the year as the countryside is so beautiful with the changing trees. Its not as if we have long hard winters like some places have.
Hmm, slight generalisation.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

My penfriend (we have been writing to each other since High School ) lives in America and I use to say to her..."your sooooo lucky having the Summers you do" and she use to say "its okay for the first couple of weeks and then it gets way too hot, you cannot really sleep at night and if you can afford air con its noisy and expensive" and I use to think "yeah yeah" like she was mad lol, now having experienced the same type of lifestyle I now know what she meant, I really do think unless you experience something like that your always going to have the "yeah, yeah" attitude, I also use to say "your really lucky to have a white Christmas every year and she use to say (still does lol) "its okay for the first few weeks but then after a months its a real pain in the but" have to agree with her on that one, so all in all I think we have not bad seasons, nothing to extreme a few weeks of solid nice weather in the Summer would be the icing on the cake but the cake's just fine for us anyway.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by brits1
My penfriend (we have been writing to each other since High School ) lives in America and I use to say to her..."your sooooo lucky having the Summers you do" and she use to say "its okay for the first couple of weeks and then it gets way too hot, you cannot really sleep at night and if you can afford air con its noisy and expensive" and I use to think "yeah yeah" like she was mad lol, now having experienced the same type of lifestyle I now know what she meant, I really do think unless you experience something like that your always going to have the "yeah, yeah" attitude, I also use to say "your really lucky to have a white Christmas every year and she use to say (still does lol) "its okay for the first few weeks but then after a months its a real pain in the but" have to agree with her on that one, so all in all I think we have not bad seasons, nothing to extreme a few weeks of solid nice weather in the Summer would be the icing on the cake but the cake's just fine for us anyway.
Exactly, it is always the perception of somewhere else being better. Now winter is on its way some say oh I bet you wish you were back in Australia ? Well no not really as I want to live here
Our climate here is very temperate and easy to live with, suits us just fine.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, it is always the perception of somewhere else being better. Now winter is on its way some say oh I bet you wish you were back in Australia ? Well no not really as I want to live here
Our climate here is very temperate and easy to live with, suits us just fine.
LOL has the very same thing said to me today (by a complete stranger) who had never been to Aus and was migrating to Perth...Baldivis to be correct, first thing she said was "Are you mad" when another client told her I had come back from Aus (I was talking to my new hairdresser and not this lady) and the next thing is its "we will be wearing shorts all day long, all year long and outdoors for the rest of our lives, no more rainy dull days like we have hear" hence her comment Your Mad ...I just said "I wish you well with all of that"
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Hmm, slight generalisation.
Seconded, and also a conclusion based on no evidence.

I absolutely hate the UK's weather now were are into autumn/winter and wish I was back living abroad.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 6:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by brits1
LOL has the very same thing said to me today (by a complete stranger) who had never been to Aus and was migrating to Perth...Baldivis to be correct, first thing she said was "Are you mad" when another client told her I had come back from Aus (I was talking to my new hairdresser and not this lady) and the next thing is its "we will be wearing shorts all day long, all year long and outdoors for the rest of our lives, no more rainy dull days like we have hear" hence her comment Your Mad ...I just said "I wish you well with all of that"
Ah yes, it is always so much better when it comes from someone who has never even lived there I do sort of understand to a degree because as i said it is a perception helped by Aussie TV and the like, we are led to believe it is a land milk, honey and endless sunshine. Dont get me wrong I have a great affection for the country and have many friends and family there but the Australia I know and the one often described by many who have never been there are poles apart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.