Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Any tips for settling back in the UK after life in Aus?

Wikiposts

Any tips for settling back in the UK after life in Aus?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:03 am
Banned

alentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to all
Default Re: Any tips for settling back in the UK after life in Aus?

and wot do you know about the uk at the moment, that puts your insert pic into perspective
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:06 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alentejo joe
lifes a big bundle of cotton wool
No it ain't.

Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:07 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

and wot do you know about the uk at the moment, that puts your insert pic into perspective
It has never seized to amaze me why and how people think that they can solve their problems by moving to the other side of the world.

Instead of a different part of the UK.

Or just deal with whatever is bugging them.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

You are just trying to wind people up so I will make no further comments to you.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:14 am
Banned

alentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to allalentejo joe is a name known to all

good enjoy canada with your neighbour mr bush
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:31 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Damn.. I'll wait till later..

Its way too early in my day for this sort of fun. He will probably be banned by then though....shame
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Damn.. I'll wait till later..

Its way too early in my day for this sort of fun. He will probably be banned by then though....shame
I miss Howard
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:04 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I miss Howard
Yes, at least he made an attempt to sound intelligent even though he was way off the mark
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:49 am
Flags! Yeah!! Wooooooooo!

Naryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really niceNaryamente is just really nice

I don't understand that question, so I'll ask you a couple of questions.

I'm going to assume you mean the dinosaur with the flag?
If so...

What do YOU think the picture means?
And how does what you think of the picture indicate what the owner of the picture might know (or not know) about the U.K. at present?

I'll go out on a ledge here and say that not many of us understand you. If you are implying something, perhaps you need to spell it, instead of thinking it.

Your English grammar is not great and your French is appalling.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

yeh when you get back,at the moment were losing our houses and jobs are decreasing but crimes on the increase if your into drugs and guns welcome home
truth hurts
lifes a big bundle of cotton wool
good enjoy canada with your neighbour mr bush

Seems your only intention is to wind people up on this forum. As you are looking to leave the UK and you cannot seem to post anything helpful or supportive please refrain from posting in this forum.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 11th 2008 at 3:54 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:39 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

The UK is brilliant, dont belive all the media and rubbish you hear, the best move of my life was coming home after 2 years in Perth, go for it and don't look back.

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Feb 11th 2008 at 5:41 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo29
After 2 years of living in Sydney, my boyf and i have decided to move back to the UK. We absolutely love it here but have reached the next stage of our relationship (i.e. marriage/kids/house) and cant imagine doing that without our families around us...

All our friends here think we are mad and think we will regret it (and sometimes i think they are right). The scary thing is we cant come back here if we dont like it. (we went to see a migration lawyer and we dont have enough points for an easy return etc)

But anyway - we've made the decision and will get back to the midlands in August this year.

Does anyone have any tips for making the whole process easier? and not missing Aus so much?
Hi
My advice FWIW would be to book lots of things to do - and do them, especially the things you couldnt do so easilly in Oz, like weekend breaks, Ryanair abroad, footie matches, theatre, gigs - whatever is your interest.
We were discussing this the other day. When you are gearing up to move abroad, you often get so consumed in that proceess you do little else and are in limboland, so you get bored and think by moving you will have more to do. Then, if it doesnt work out and you have to go back (or want to), you go back into limboland in the other direction. I reckon we spent about 4 yrs in limboland and I was determined to get out of the rut I had created. So, its something different every week - even if its just to catch up on an old mate - Sometimes hard work, but I really dont want to get back into old habits again.
But do put things in a calander and buy those tickets in advance else its easy have a "lazy day" and think, i wont do anything this week.
Good luck with your move back
C

Last edited by chance to be; Feb 11th 2008 at 9:12 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:13 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hi
My advice FWIW would be to book lots of things to do - and do them, especially the things you couldnt do so easilly in Oz, like weekend breaks, Ryanair abroad, footie matches, theatre, gigs - whatever is your interest.
We were discussing this the other day. When you are gearing up to move abroad, you often get so consumed in that proceess you do little else and are in limboland, so you get bored and think by moving you will have more to do. Then, if it doesnt work out and you have to go back (or want to), you go back into limboland in the other direction. I reckon we spent about 4 yrs in limboland and I was determined to get out of the rut I had created. So, its something different every week - even if its just to catch up on an old mate - Sometimes hard work, but I really dont want to get back into old habits again.
Good luck with your move back
C
I am a bit guilty of this right now. Admittedly the hectic last couple of months launching this new business has meant i havent been able to get out much, but I seem so caught up in going home, I am forgetting to go out and see some of the bits of Aus I havent done yet. I know i will regret it if i dont, but in all honesty at this moment in time i dont give a toss about any of it.
I am off up into the blue mountains with a friend soon, but i have yet to go to Queensland. I must force myself
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I am off up into the blue mountains with a friend soon, but i have yet to go to Queensland. I must force myself
Oh do go flea, and take lots of pictures so you can remind yourself about it when youre old and senile
Have a lovely time
C
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

yeh when you get back,at the moment were losing our houses and jobs are decreasing but crimes on the increase if your into drugs and guns welcome home
Oh go and get your kicks elsewhere....you really do need help......I mean it really...................you do need help......go choke on your ball of wool and do the world a favour.................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.