Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

anti-Americanism in the UK

anti-Americanism in the UK

Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anti-Americanism in the UK

24 hours ago most anti-American sentiment would have been aimed at the US Administration. After all, Dubya has managed to oversee:

- a disastrous foreign policy; breathtaking in its naivety,limitless in its stupidity

- a disastrous economic policy - running up massive debt

- a total disregard for the environment

And yet 51% of the US voters have re-elected this clown. One can only assume that these voters are stupid.

Let's hope you belong to the remaining 49%.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no particular leaning either for Republicans or Democrats, but I was watching last night gobsmacked that GW after his mega cock ups was going to win.

If I remember correctly, the story line last time around was that whilst GW was a bit of a twat, his dad had made sure that he had clever people around him to make sure he did not put his foot in it.

Well that was a bit of a porky.

Tony has the advantage of no opposition, well not outside the Labour party.

All a bit worrying.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 8:32 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Let's hope you belong to the remaining 49%.
thankfully I do, and am tres depressed today
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

fishhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I'm in the other 49%, a proud member of the minority it seems. I don't know why he won. I'm as baffled as I am depressed. On behalf of the 49%, I apologize. We tried, but my countrymen are even dumber than I thought.

Thanks for all the encouraging responses.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishhead
Yes, I'm in the other 49%, a proud member of the minority it seems. I don't know why he won. I'm as baffled as I am depressed. On behalf of the 49%, I apologize. We tried, but my countrymen are even dumber than I thought.

Thanks for all the encouraging responses.
Like most Brits, I like Americans. Well, the US minority.

To the 51% that voted Rep., one has to ask the question: "What is the main difference between the hard right Christian and Islamic fundamentalists?" Not much. One kills innocent civilians with planes, guns and tanks. The other uses planes and body belts.

The world would be a much better place without all of them.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I am a member of the 49 percent club too. Ya think I should tell people I am a Canadian when we move to the UK next spring?

Damn, it's embarassing that we have 59 million plus incredibly stupid people in America.

Leslie