Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Almost ready help please - excess baggage

Almost ready help please - excess baggage

Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Almost ready help please - excess baggage

Hi all,

Sold the house
Shipping organised
Tax return ready to be lodged (here in OZ)

Now just waiting on settlement and bloody passports

Can anyone help me please? I want to send my clothes and shoes in 2 large boxes air freight, move cube wanted over $1300 for 2 boxes.

Any recommendations ? I cannot live 3 months without my clothes and shoes lol.

Thanks

Carrianne
Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Almost ready help please - excess baggage

Got a great quote from Pack and Send - just in case 2 large boxes $500. 30kg each shipped in 3 days max happy girl.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Got a great quote from Pack and Send - just in case 2 large boxes $500. 30kg each shipped in 3 days max happy girl.
Isn't that very expensive for only two boxes??
Old Jun 8th 2014, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Movecube wanted $1223.00 It is but sending a small parcel via oz post can be $60 as they work in cubing. I used to work for them, so its size of box and weight.

Do you know anyone cheaper ?
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Movecube wanted $1223.00 It is but sending a small parcel via oz post can be $60 as they work in cubing. I used to work for them, so its size of box and weight.

Do you know anyone cheaper ?
I don't but someone else might. I haven't had to do this yet - but I will in the next few weeks.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Lets see i have tried a few.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

I used excess baggage.com to send a large suitcase ahead of time. It weighed about 60 pounds and cost me about 150USD. It also only took 3 days to get there. definitely worth a look and they come and pick it up at your house and deliver it to the door on the other end.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

Going to contact the excessbaggage people as we have about 10 boxes of books and household things to move over that won't fit inthe luggage. Thanks!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

We used www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk to send 8 boxes from Scotland to the US. Paid about £600, inclusive of insurance. Each box was at least 21kg (the heaviest was 28kg IIRC). Arrived in the US about 4days later via FedEx. Excellent service.