British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Almost ready help please - excess baggage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/almost-ready-help-please-excess-baggage-835909/)

Carrianne Jun 8th 2014 12:23 am

Almost ready help please - excess baggage

Hi all,

Sold the house
Shipping organised
Tax return ready to be lodged (here in OZ)

Now just waiting on settlement and bloody passports :blink:

Can anyone help me please? I want to send my clothes and shoes in 2 large boxes air freight, move cube wanted over $1300 for 2 boxes.

Any recommendations ? I cannot live 3 months without my clothes and shoes lol.

Thanks

Carrianne :goodpost:

Carrianne Jun 8th 2014 12:59 am

Re: Almost ready help please - excess baggage

Got a great quote from Pack and Send - just in case 2 large boxes $500. 30kg each shipped in 3 days max happy girl.

windsong Jun 8th 2014 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Carrianne (Post 11292672)
Got a great quote from Pack and Send - just in case 2 large boxes $500. 30kg each shipped in 3 days max happy girl.

Isn't that very expensive for only two boxes??

Carrianne Jun 8th 2014 2:11 am

Movecube wanted $1223.00 It is but sending a small parcel via oz post can be $60 as they work in cubing. I used to work for them, so its size of box and weight.

Do you know anyone cheaper ?

windsong Jun 8th 2014 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Carrianne (Post 11292712)
Movecube wanted $1223.00 It is but sending a small parcel via oz post can be $60 as they work in cubing. I used to work for them, so its size of box and weight.

Do you know anyone cheaper ?

I don't but someone else might. I haven't had to do this yet - but I will in the next few weeks.

Carrianne Jun 8th 2014 3:42 am

Lets see i have tried a few.

lgabriel73 Jun 8th 2014 9:06 am

I used excess baggage.com to send a large suitcase ahead of time. It weighed about 60 pounds and cost me about 150USD. It also only took 3 days to get there. definitely worth a look and they come and pick it up at your house and deliver it to the door on the other end.

pondhopper2014 Jun 9th 2014 3:54 pm

Going to contact the excessbaggage people as we have about 10 boxes of books and household things to move over that won't fit inthe luggage. Thanks! :)

Bluegrass Lass Jun 10th 2014 8:12 pm

We used www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk to send 8 boxes from Scotland to the US. Paid about £600, inclusive of insurance. Each box was at least 21kg (the heaviest was 28kg IIRC). Arrived in the US about 4days later via FedEx. Excellent service.