Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Ahhhhh memories for those 40+

Ahhhhh memories for those 40+

Old May 6th 2009, 4:02 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahhhhh memories for those 40+

Originally Posted by mazz1
blue frosted eye shadow,no such thing as fake tan and Gary Glitter was cool!!!
Old May 6th 2009, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazz1
and Gary Glitter was cool!!!
Yea...in a child like kind of way...Glad I never joined his gang....
Old May 6th 2009, 4:45 pm
born to be mild

mazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nicemazz1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by macadian
I was only 7 at the time just his type.
Old May 6th 2009, 6:41 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
Oh gawwwd

I remember him coming to our local nightclub. And that also reminded me of other acts that used to go there.
Anyone remember the girlie dance troop Pans People who went on to become Hot Gossip? I was soooooooo embarrassed one night when they were on stage. I think Sarah Brightman was with them. They were all dressed in white catsuits. One "blonde" girl started kicking her legs in the air, doing the splits and allsorts when it became quite obvious she had no underwear on and everyone could clearly see she was NOT a natural blonde!!!

Last edited by Fleaflyfloflum; May 6th 2009 at 6:49 pm.
Old May 6th 2009, 6:46 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
it became quite obvious she had no underwear one and everyone could clearly see she was NOT a natural blonde!!!

Old May 6th 2009, 6:50 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus

Today i would just laugh my sox off, but i was a bashful teenager back then and just wanted to die when i realised.
Old May 6th 2009, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

and trying to tape the songs you liked by pushing down the play and record button at the same time on the cassette recorder...and not stopping it in time before they started talking. ahhhh...those mix tapes were quality
Happy Days!
Old May 6th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember the girlie dance troop Pans People who went on to become Hot Gossip? I was soooooooo embarrassed one night when they were on stage
wasn't that a competition to replace Pans People? Memory is a bit hazy. Over on another thread there's a bit of a fishing theme going. I remember waiting for June 15th to come around and the start of the season, people would set in in readiness for midnigh. Sometimes across the lake you could hear someone's radio. I disticnctly remember hearing 'Dancin in the City' by Marshall Haines one year and 'Being with You' by Smokey Robinson another year.

Happy days
Old May 10th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Well, i was surfing youtube to find some for my little grandchildren as they are staying over tonight. Here is one of my favourites. I havent heard this for years!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg7w49UnGA
Thanks for this FFF. I've just spent 30 minutes surfing youtube for all the other clips they listed on the page (two little boys, etc). So much fun.

So glad to hear you finally made it back to the Home Counties. Great to be home isn't it?
Old May 10th 2009, 6:10 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
wasn't that a competition to replace Pans People? Memory is a bit hazy. Over on another thread there's a bit of a fishing theme going. I remember waiting for June 15th to come around and the start of the season, people would set in in readiness for midnigh. Sometimes across the lake you could hear someone's radio. I disticnctly remember hearing 'Dancin in the City' by Marshall Haines one year and 'Being with You' by Smokey Robinson another year.

Happy days
I think you might be right, but they were all the sam kinda thing anyway
Old May 10th 2009, 6:12 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by TaraC
Thanks for this FFF. I've just spent 30 minutes surfing youtube for all the other clips they listed on the page (two little boys, etc). So much fun.

So glad to hear you finally made it back to the Home Counties. Great to be home isn't it?
You're welcome Tara.

My little grandaughter loves the mouse one. She is only 22mths old so hasnt got a full enough vocabulary to sing the words but she dances along and says OOOOOOH YEAH at the end
Old May 10th 2009, 6:15 pm
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute

and trying to tape the songs you liked by pushing down the play and record button at the same time on the cassette recorder...and not stopping it in time before they started talking. ahhhh...those mix tapes were quality
And reminding the family not to speak while you taped, but always ending up with someone's voice on it.
My god we have come a long way in a short time. Do you remember the huge boom boxes, they were almost the size of storage rooms and yet people would walk around with them on their shoulders.
Old May 10th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
And reminding the family not to speak while you taped, but always ending up with someone's voice on it.
My god we have come a long way in a short time. Do you remember the huge boom boxes, they were almost the size of storage rooms and yet people would walk around with them on their shoulders.
Yep, remember those. Used to see loads of people with them when we visited Bristol. Down in Somerset we weren't really ready for such sophistication as walking around with a small cabinet on your shoulder booming out The Worzels didn't really have the effect.
Old May 14th 2009, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

You should take a visit to Chatham Kent, they still have em!!!
Old May 14th 2009, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

I remember being really worried about my brother taping so much off the pirate radio stations because my mum said it was illegal!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.