Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Acquiring UPS Mailbox in USA from UK

Acquiring UPS Mailbox in USA from UK

Old Jan 7th 2016, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Acquiring UPS Mailbox in USA from UK

I'm trying to get a UPS mailbox in the USA to receive tax documents and have them automatically forwarded to my accountant in the USA. This is proving a bit difficult because apparently the UPS mailbox documents have to be notarised. The last time I try to have a document notarised in the UK the result was not the same as what you normally get in the USA. I had to go to an attorney who merely verified who I was and hand wrote on the document that it was indeed me and signed and dated it. I don't think this would be acceptable to UPS because it's a different kind of notarisation.

Any thoughts as to how to overcome this problem or any suggestions about other mailboxes that I could get while in the UK?
Old Jan 7th 2016, 7:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Acquiring UPS Mailbox in USA from UK

Can you nearest Mailboxes Etc in the UK help? I don't know if MBE is still under common ownership with The UPS Store.

Could you have the documents delivered directly to your accountant? .... Your name, their address.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 7th 2016 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Can you nearest Mailboxes Etc in the UK help? I don't know if MBE is still under common ownership with The UPS Store.

Could you have the documents delivered directly to your accountant? .... Your name, their address.
The thing is I don't want the mail coming all the way here only to have to put it in an envelope and send to accountant over there.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 7:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
The thing is I don't want the mail coming all the way here only to have to put it in an envelope and send to accountant over there.
No, I meant could MBE in the UK help you set up a UPS box in the US? .... Which is why it would likely be critical that they are still under common ownership.
Old Jan 7th 2016, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No, I meant could MBE in the UK help you set up a UPS box in the US? .... Which is why it would likely be critical that they are still under common ownership.
I understand now. Nearest Mailboxes etc. office to me is way in the city centre unfortunately.

In the meantime I found out that my bank manager can notarise whatever documents UPS mailbox needs which is good.

The downside is that UPS mailboxes charge $75 for three months +5 dollars for every time a piece of mail is forwarded - expensive!
Old Jan 8th 2016, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to send it to me and then I'll do whatever is required.
Old Jan 8th 2016, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I understand now. Nearest Mailboxes etc. office to me is way in the city centre unfortunately.

In the meantime I found out that my bank manager can notarise whatever documents UPS mailbox needs which is good.

The downside is that UPS mailboxes charge $75 for three months +5 dollars for every time a piece of mail is forwarded - expensive!
Seems like a waste of money to me. I'd either get the documents sent directly to your tax preparer or get them sent to the UK and then bundle them into a single registered mailing to the US. Alternatively, can some or all of the documents be accessed electronically by your preparer?