5 months home update

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 5 months home update

Congratulations on your return and I know you will be very happy

Sandra xxx
Old Aug 9th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

ohwottodo is an unknown quantity at this point

there is more to life than sunshine.

love that quote - thats what i am feeling
can i ask how much $$ did you move back with?
Old Aug 9th 2012, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

penny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nice

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
Hi All, finally got time to post our experience of getting home, been so busy getting our lives on track that didn't get a chance to post yet.

Move went very smoothly, used Allied Pickfords for removals (Perth, Aus to Scotland), minor damage that was covered by insurance (Letton Percival), couldnt fault their price or service, excellent all the way.

Moved straight into our new house (amazing what you can buy over the internet nowadays) on arrival, with lots of borrowed bits & bobs from family & friends, after a couple of weeks on blow up beds our container arrived, on time

Kids have settled well, one waiting to start university & the other started primary school.

All is well in our world, so far we have achieved exactly what we set out to do, but just wish everyone would stop asking "why the hell we came home!"

Thanks to all my BE contacts who have kept me sane on the rollercoaster ride of the last 7 years (yes that really has been how long it has been from Visa application to getting home).
any tips or opinions, pitfalls on home buying on Internet.
thanks pf
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Moved back with between 80 & 90k sterling (cant put a pound sign because my keyboard still thinks it is aussie!)

Originally Posted by ohwottodo
there is more to life than sunshine.

love that quote - thats what i am feeling
can i ask how much $$ did you move back with?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Depends where you are buying, we bought in Scotland so the buying process differs from England & Wales etc, but biggest tip would be get a good solicitor to do all the legal stuff on your behalf, ours came recommended & was a superstar

Where possible get a relative or good friend to view on your behalf, we were lucky we moved back to our hometown so was really easy as we knew the area & had family & friends on hand to help.

Originally Posted by penny farthing
any tips or opinions, pitfalls on home buying on Internet.
thanks pf
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Sandra, great to see you still popping on here now & again, I rarely go on here now as am too busy having a life, now I know why everyone disappears after the 1st year check in point.

Where are you now? Dare I ask? lol

Take care & catch up via PM if you get the chance. D xx

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Congratulations on your return and I know you will be very happy

Sandra xxx
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
Hi All, finally got time to post our experience of getting home, been so busy getting our lives on track that didn't get a chance to post yet.

Move went very smoothly, used Allied Pickfords for removals (Perth, Aus to Scotland), minor damage that was covered by insurance (Letton Percival), couldnt fault their price or service, excellent all the way.

Moved straight into our new house (amazing what you can buy over the internet nowadays) on arrival, with lots of borrowed bits & bobs from family & friends, after a couple of weeks on blow up beds our container arrived, on time

Kids have settled well, one waiting to start university & the other started primary school.

All is well in our world, so far we have achieved exactly what we set out to do, but just wish everyone would stop asking "why the hell we came home!"

Thanks to all my BE contacts who have kept me sane on the rollercoaster ride of the last 7 years (yes that really has been how long it has been from Visa application to getting home).
Welcome Home....try and ignore the "why the hell" easier said than done I know lol, Spring will soon be here....the Commonwealth Games are coming to Scotland just some things to look forward to. Take things a day at a time and try to look forward rather than backwards. All the best
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Welcome Home....Spring will soon be here....
It doesn't seem as if it is that close right now.....most of the UK is covered in snow at the present time and it's very much a case of brass monkeys with the Beast from the East blowing strong and bitter.
Old Jan 19th 2013, 7:40 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's SO beautiful
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:39 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Its lovely here, snow just makes a village look beautiful.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Its lovely here, snow just makes a village look beautiful.
I went out early this morning and took pictures of the of the hills and countryside, stunning anyway but with the snow its a beautiful view.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:22 am
Just Joined

Emmbritt123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brigitte, I see you are still in US...me too...where are you? I am in Phoenix, Arizona until I can save to return to UK after 30 years of being here. Can't stand it any longer!