5 months home update

Old May 20th 2012, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice
Smile 5 months home update

Hi All, finally got time to post our experience of getting home, been so busy getting our lives on track that didn't get a chance to post yet.

Move went very smoothly, used Allied Pickfords for removals (Perth, Aus to Scotland), minor damage that was covered by insurance (Letton Percival), couldnt fault their price or service, excellent all the way.

Moved straight into our new house (amazing what you can buy over the internet nowadays) on arrival, with lots of borrowed bits & bobs from family & friends, after a couple of weeks on blow up beds our container arrived, on time

Kids have settled well, one waiting to start university & the other started primary school.

All is well in our world, so far we have achieved exactly what we set out to do, but just wish everyone would stop asking "why the hell we came home!"

Thanks to all my BE contacts who have kept me sane on the rollercoaster ride of the last 7 years (yes that really has been how long it has been from Visa application to getting home).
Old May 21st 2012, 9:43 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 months home update

Well done, you sound happy to be home at last.
Old May 21st 2012, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Congrats! I cannot wait until I make the move home and have the ability to post about my experiences in this forum.
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:04 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, you findings echo our own.

Last edited by chris955; May 22nd 2012 at 6:44 am.
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Very happy, after all the doom & gloom & the "you'll be back" comments from outsiders I am pleased to say that for us it was definitely the right decision. Now we are here it gets a bit groundhog day answering why we came back questions, just like in Oz when we were answering the "where are you from" questions, is quite funny really. Or the pitying looks & "never mind...at least you tried", we didn't try, we did it, didn't like it & decided there is more to life than sunshine.

Also for us the cost of living is definitely cheaper than Perth.
Old May 22nd 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Nicola1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Good for you for giving it a go! but also realising that it wasn't for you and having the courage to return. I'm heading home in about 3 years to.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
Very happy, after all the doom & gloom & the "you'll be back" comments from outsiders I am pleased to say that for us it was definitely the right decision. Now we are here it gets a bit groundhog day answering why we came back questions, just like in Oz when we were answering the "where are you from" questions, is quite funny really. Or the pitying looks & "never mind...at least you tried", we didn't try, we did it, didn't like it & decided there is more to life than sunshine.

Great news and hope all goes well. The comments do die off...our friends and family were great here so we did not get comments like that from them but when mentioned in passing it was "your mad" etc..etc...at first it was good to mention that the UK had loads to offer as well etc...but after a while you notice (as you settle in) the comments stopped. Great weather we are having at the moment...All the best.
Old May 22nd 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Good for you, and I totally agree with what your saying" yes you did try it"
Old May 26th 2012, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

DevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to allDevonTracy is a name known to all

Hey, hello! Long time no 'hear' so glad you finally made the hard decision to move back.

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it, being back where you belong and happy? As for the people giving you the pitiful sympathy, I used to say 'Why don't you go then?' they'd soon come up with some excuse! Those comments do die off and if I ever get asked why I came home I just simply reply 'family' and they usually shut up.

I hope life continues to be as kind to you as it has to us, and...................

WELCOME HOME!

Old May 26th 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All, finally got time to post our experience of getting home, been so busy getting our lives on track that didn't get a chance to post yet.

Move went very smoothly, used Allied Pickfords for removals (Perth, Aus to Scotland), minor damage that was covered by insurance (Letton Percival), couldnt fault their price or service, excellent all the way.

Moved straight into our new house (amazing what you can buy over the internet nowadays) on arrival, with lots of borrowed bits & bobs from family & friends, after a couple of weeks on blow up beds our container arrived, on time

Kids have settled well, one waiting to start university & the other started primary school.

All is well in our world, so far we have achieved exactly what we set out to do, but just wish everyone would stop asking "why the hell we came home!"

Thanks to all my BE contacts who have kept me sane on the rollercoaster ride of the last 7 years (yes that really has been how long it has been from Visa application to getting home).

Welcome home and what lovely weather you have arrived to. We arrived from Perth 2 years ago now and really we do not miss Aus at all...for us being back in the U.K is being "home". Good luck and just ignore the "why the hell..." brigade......I know thats hard but that question does were off after a while, we were lucky I suppose...or maybe we are just very popular with our friends and family...lol but we never really had that scenario. All the best wishes.
Old May 26th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brits1
Welcome home and what lovely weather you have arrived to. We arrived from Perth 2 years ago now and really we do not miss Aus at all...for us being back in the U.K is being "home". Good luck and just ignore the "why the hell..." brigade......I know thats hard but that question does were off after a while, we were lucky I suppose...or maybe we are just very popular with our friends and family...lol but we never really had that scenario. All the best wishes.
Oh my lord I doubled this quote...sorry...more water less wine.....
Old May 27th 2012, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Tracy, seems like forever ago that we were all sitting in "The Boat" plotting our escapes, still hard to believe that our time eventually came up I think I was the last of that batch to leave & dont worry I switched off the lights on my way out

My answer to all who say "what the hell did you leave there for" is "oh when did you live there?, oh you didn't, oh & never even been to Australia?".

I wish the best for all heading out & all who return, no regrets, just a very crazy rollercoaster & made lots of amazing friends along the way

Originally Posted by DevonTracy
Hey, hello! Long time no 'hear' so glad you finally made the hard decision to move back.

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it, being back where you belong and happy? As for the people giving you the pitiful sympathy, I used to say 'Why don't you go then?' they'd soon come up with some excuse! Those comments do die off and if I ever get asked why I came home I just simply reply 'family' and they usually shut up.

I hope life continues to be as kind to you as it has to us, and...................

WELCOME HOME!

Old May 27th 2012, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, is great to be home, the friends & family aren't asking (they know why we came home) , mainly new people we meet and the odd friend of a friend who hasn't heard our experience of life in the giant sandpit.

Originally Posted by brits1
Old May 27th 2012, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for the well wishes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.