Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

3 yrs in Canada, now 6 months back home

3 yrs in Canada, now 6 months back home

Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 yrs in Canada, now 6 months back home

Originally Posted by R2D2 returns
I remember vividly the first occasion homesickness hit me like a ton of bricks.......we were at home in Alberta, it was November and snowy and grey, and on the TV they showed a clip of the Queen in London for the Remembrance service at the Cenotaph.
It was sunny, the trees looked like they still had plenty of leaves on them and the amount of colour was striking to me. The whole tradition and pomp and ceremony of it all was just lovely to see and I felt a real national pride.
I just burst into tears and said to my hubby, "I agree with you now, i want to go home "
Awww, R2D2, did you ever make it out to coastal BC during the winter months? Believe me, many of us on the coast would probably also go crazy in Alberta during the winter for those very same reasons. I couldn't imagine moving to somewhere like that, but bravo for testing it out! A large part of why I love coastal BC so much is because it's green year round. But I'm glad to hear you're doing so well back in the UK! Congrats!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

R2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud ofR2D2 returns has much to be proud of

We really considered BC as an alternative to Alberta, as my hubs head office was in Vancouver, but to be honest, after visiting Vancouver and the Island, we still didn't believe that to be the solution.
Yes, BC may hit the mark more in terms of scenery, landscape, variety of greenery etc, but there would still be the other issues we have with living in Canada.

I think its just boils down to the fact it wasn't ever going to be long term for us, great for a while, but it came to its natural conclusion.

We realised just how English we are, and missed too many things.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by R2D2 returns

We realised just how English we are, and missed too many things.
YES this is too true for us too