Zig Zag Towers

Old Feb 12th 2013, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sav123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Zig Zag Towers

Hi All,

Can anyone shed some light on Zig Zag towers in terms of accomodation? is it too far out the way from everything? I saw a listing for a lovely looking 2 bed apartment for 3000 QAR (furnished) which was a steal considering the property prices in Doha, i was surprised as everything was looking very new and of good spec. Ive already emailed the owner whos told me some more details, but i thought you all may be able to shed some light!

Many thanks,

Sav123
Old Feb 12th 2013, 1:07 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all
Default Re: Zig Zag Towers

Something is not right with the price - 13,000 QAR possibly.

Its well located about a five minute drive from West Bay if there is no traffic (which is only a Friday morning) so 20 - 25 minutes or so travelling into West Bay during the rush hour.

The towers are on top of a new mall (lagoona) which has a small supermarket and plent of eating places. Also right next to the pearl.

Dont know about the flats and whether they are any good.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Wot Abby says: you have lost a 10,000. The rent will more likely be 13000 not 3000 , and that is too much.

Takes 10 mins to Westbay at 6.000 am. Takes 40 minutes at 7.00 am. Bars in the Ritz Carlton, Hyatt, intercontinental and Golf club.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:24 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Worth 10k a month max. Expect the traffic to be more mental when they start pissing about with the road shortly.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

here is the link for the place http://qatar.dubizzle.com/en/propert...NlJnBhZ2U9Mg==

and the owner has already emailed me stating the 3000 QAR and 2 months rent in advance and 1 months security deposit... too good to be true?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:41 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sav123
here is the link for the place http://qatar.dubizzle.com/en/propert...NlJnBhZ2U9Mg==

and the owner has already emailed me stating the 3000 QAR and 2 months rent in advance and 1 months security deposit... too good to be true?
Just because he says he's the owner, doesn't mean he actually is. Is there any way of checking that he does own the place and isn't a scam artist?

If something is too good to be true....
Old Feb 12th 2013, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kix
Just because he says he's the owner, doesn't mean he actually is. Is there any way of checking that he does own the place and isn't a scam artist?

If something is too good to be true....
i'm still in the uk and not moving to Doha for another 3 to 4 weeks (fingers crossed) but when i came across this i thought it was too good to be true, hence the thread here to see if these sorts of posts on dubizzle etc are scam artists.... he just emailed saying hes based in scotland with work for 5 years and could fedex me the keys if we come to an agreement.... doesnt sound like anything i want to be getting involved with!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:56 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Ask yourself, why would anyone rent you a place at a third of the market rate?
Old Feb 13th 2013, 1:14 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

A few colleagues from work are staying in the ZigZag and pay about QR10k per month. The request for two months advance rent in addition to the security deposit to me seems highly irregular.

As a rule of thumb out here, never, ever pay with cash up front for property lets, scams are rife and if a Qatari is involved (which is highly likely since they own almost all properties in Qatar) you have absolutely no redress through the courts. I know somone that lost QR15k last year falling for a 'Pay 12 months cash up front and get 3 months extra free' scam.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
A few colleagues from work are staying in the ZigZag and pay about QR10k per month. The request for two months advance rent in addition to the security deposit to me seems highly irregular.

As a rule of thumb out here, never, ever pay with cash up front for property lets, scams are rife and if a Qatari is involved (which is highly likely since they own almost all properties in Qatar) you have absolutely no redress through the courts. I know somone that lost QR15k last year falling for a 'Pay 12 months cash up front and get 3 months extra free' scam.
Is this even regards deposits and 1 month up front?
Im meeting someone tomorrow who has an apartment on the pearl
However he says it wont be ready to move into until the 1st of April but he will accept one months deposit from me to reserve it. Obviously i wont be paying the rent etc until i move in
Its priced similar to the other ones in the area and his name is used on qatarcl and property finder etc
Hes also going to meet me so i can view the place with him. Does this sound fishy at all? Obviously ill ask for ID. Take his car plate number etc

Another question is regards that it wont be ready until the 1st of April as its still currently under construction....How likely is it that it wont be ready at all? I really dont have the time or patience to be hanging around waiting anytime longer than that
Old Feb 13th 2013, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

Ryan tower 9 is finished 8 and 9 are sabban towers and have been lived In For a while I believe.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

dohadesertdog is an unknown quantity at this point

Having lived in ZZ for two years and been inside at least a dozen apartments in both buildings i am 100% certain those pictures are not of a ZZ apartment. I could list the reasons why not but just take my word for it.

furthermore given the finish and quality of the furnishings in that advert i would suggest the only place it could be is on the Pearl and i would place it at more like 15-20,000/month as it looks far swankier than your average Pearl apmt.

not too good to be believed, its in the ridiculous category!!!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
Ryan tower 9 is finished 8 and 9 are sabban towers and have been lived In For a while I believe.
Hmm alarm bells are starting to ring a bit now

Im meeting him tomorrow anyway so ill suss whats what then
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

That's definitely not on porto arabia as all these towers are built and have more or less the same spec.
Maybe viva Bahia but only 2 towers finished there and the rest still being built but still not priced as low as that.
If its 3k for that I will fight you for it haha
Old Feb 13th 2013, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

DohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant future

The Zig Zag towers offer is a scam, unsurprisingly. I spoke to him and read this link on Qatar Living. http://www.qatarliving.com/node/2898245
He wanted to do the payment through DPD etc, all same same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.