Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Yellow Fever Vaccination

Yellow Fever Vaccination

Old Feb 9th 2014, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Thanks...out PRO is trying to find somewhere to get it done but no luck so far.

The upside is that I can't travel to Lagos without it (I was told to just go and pay a $50 bribe, my counter-argument that I didn't want to actually contract yellow fever was snorted at).
It's not mandatory for Nigeria (unless they've changed the rules in the last couple of years since I last went).
Old Feb 9th 2014, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

I don't think it's required officially for Nigeria unless you're coming from a high risk country.

That said they certainly wanted to see my yellow certificate on landing from Dubai last June, but that might be a quick way to the 50 bucks already mentioned if you can't produce it...
Old Feb 9th 2014, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cypselos
I don't think it's required officially for Nigeria unless you're coming from a high risk country.

That said they certainly wanted to see my certificates landing from Dubai last June, but that might be a quick way to the 50 bucks already mentioned if you can't produce it...
If you arrive without your Yellow Fever certificate in Angola, they'll inject you there and then before stamping your passport. The joys of Africa.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Stay away from many of the bars here is you haven't have the yellow fever jab.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 7:20 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just got mine done in Johannesberg.

Update for Middle East:

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Not currently available

Doha, Qatar - currently available at Doha Clinic, call +974 44 384333 and ask for Vaccination Centre

Muscat, Oman - not currently available for non-residents

Dubai - not currently available
Old Feb 26th 2014, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs
If you arrive without your Yellow Fever certificate in Angola, they'll inject you there and then before stamping your passport. The joys of Africa.
which takes +/- 10 days to be effective. I guess it's better than nothing...
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

When you've seen the sanitary state of Luanda airport I think you'd decide that nothing is better...
Old Feb 27th 2014, 4:29 am
Just Joined

RRS803 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got yellow fever and thyphoid vaccinations in Mesaimeer Clinic in Doha on Sunday so no world shortage
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csdf
When you've seen the sanitary state of Luanda airport I think you'd decide that nothing is better...
Agreed.

Just found out, you also need to show your vaccination certificate when entering Ghana.

Not sure what happens if you don't have it.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

Just found out, you also need to show your vaccination certificate when entering Ghana.

really my mum does a lot of charity work to ghana over the years and sure she hasnt had the vaccinations just malaria pills.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:39 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.

Maybe, as in Nigeria, you can pay an 'entry fee' to get round this.

There can be knock on effects - if travelling to some countries and they see that you have been to a high risk area recently then they will refuse you entry (South Africa, for example) without the yellow vaccination card.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by busybee2
really my mum does a lot of charity work to ghana over the years and sure she hasnt had the vaccinations just malaria pills.
Yeah I was there last week and they asked for my vaccination card on arrival before immigration.

Luckily I had mine with me.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I was there last week and they asked for my vaccination card on arrival before immigration.

Luckily I had mine with me.
its been a couple of years so things will have changed i suppose.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:54 am
Just Joined

james83anderson is an unknown quantity at this point

Northernlad, Could you please advise where abouts you had your Jab done In Johannesburg, I am working in Mozambique for the next 6 months and I need to get mine done before I fly out, I will be in Johannesburg for 3 weeks before and was hoping to get Yellow Fever Jabs then. I have had them before as i'm Ex-Navy but I don't have the certificates. Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:02 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by james83anderson
Northernlad, Could you please advise where abouts you had your Jab done In Johannesburg, I am working in Mozambique for the next 6 months and I need to get mine done before I fly out, I will be in Johannesburg for 3 weeks before and was hoping to get Yellow Fever Jabs then. I have had them before as i'm Ex-Navy but I don't have the certificates. Thanks
I used this clinic:

http://www.sandtoncitytravelclinic.co.za/contactus.php

You need to make appointment, go in and pay around 600 ZAR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.