Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Yellow Fever Vaccination

Yellow Fever Vaccination

Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:42 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yellow Fever Vaccination

There seems to be no Yellow Fever vaccinations avaiable in UAE at the moment.

Has anyone heard of anywhere stocking this?

Barring that it may be a trip to Doha or Muscat to seek this out.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination

Don't they have it at the airport? Are you off to somewhere nasty then? Some friends got theirs done last month at a clinic in Bur Dubai on the corner of Kuwait and Mankhool Streets. Its run by the Dubai Municipality and caters for cruise ship passengers travelling to East Africa and the like.

Last edited by mentalist; Feb 5th 2014 at 11:43 am.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

Not much help to you unfortunately, but the Mesaimeer clinic in Doha provides them for residents free of charge (you only have to pay for a certificate which is only about 10qar)
Old Feb 5th 2014, 12:47 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

If you do find out where to get hold of any please post or let me know directly...
Old Feb 5th 2014, 12:49 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
If you do find out where to get hold of any please post or let me know directly...
Will do - it's looking unlikely that they will be available in UAE anytime soon.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 12:54 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Will do - it's looking unlikely that they will be available in UAE anytime soon.
Thanks
I'm not travelling until summer, but even that may not be sufficiently far away from what we were told..
Old Feb 5th 2014, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be no Yellow Fever vaccinations avaiable in UAE at the moment.

Has anyone heard of anywhere stocking this?

Barring that it may be a trip to Doha or Muscat to seek this out.
itsbeen the same for yellow fever and typhoid etc world shortage, all you can do is try and track it down and you cant have what isnt there.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 4:55 pm
Big Member

Originally Posted by busybee2
all you can do is try and track it down and you cant have what isnt there.
Thanks for that piece of valuable advice.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:34 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Are these kind of drugs controlled, ie if I can get my hands on them somewhere else in the world would it be a problem bringing them here?

And before one of you smart arses point out that I could just have the injection where it is bought, yes that is a possibility, but I am not flying 4 people across the world to get a vaccination we are hopefully unlikely to need...
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:36 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by busybee2
itsbeen the same for yellow fever and typhoid etc world shortage, all you can do is try and track it down and you cant have what isnt there.
thanks bb2. i will remember your advice with a sneer (and quite possibly a snort) when i contract yellow fever having been unable to track it down anywhere because i can't have what isn't available...
Old Feb 5th 2014, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that piece of valuable advice.
lol you know that if you cant find it you cant have it...... there is a world shortage definately for the typhoid as i have been trying to track it down....
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine done about 6 weeks ago at the Sharjah Municipality Medical Centre.

I understood it is controlled in the UAE and only administered by municipality medical centres.

Isn’t it mandatory for entry into some African countries? I had to show my vaccination card at immigration in Zanzibar.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Don't the vials have to be kept in a controlled environment and when opened, used up fast? They are quite expensive and contain a number of doses so perhaps knowing someone in the medical field might be key here. I'd suggest tapping into the Fili nurse circles to get this info and recommend not posting it in the clear on this forum but pming those in need and arranging a group visit to an outlet.

Edit: i've sent a message off to some I know politely requesting info on stocks. We'll see....

Last edited by Beakersful; Feb 6th 2014 at 4:21 am.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:00 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Don't the vials have to be kept in a controlled environment and when opened, used up fast? They are quite expensive and contain a number of doses so perhaps knowing someone in the medical field might be key here. I'd suggest tapping into the Fili nurse circles to get this info and recommend not posting it in the clear on this forum but pming those in need and arranging a group visit to an outlet.

Edit: i've sent a message off to some I know politely requesting info on stocks. We'll see....
Thanks...out PRO is trying to find somewhere to get it done but no luck so far.

The upside is that I can't travel to Lagos without it (I was told to just go and pay a $50 bribe, my counter-argument that I didn't want to actually contract yellow fever was snorted at).
Old Feb 9th 2014, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
clinic in Bur Dubai on the corner of Kuwait and Mankhool Streets. Its run by the Dubai Municipality and caters for cruise ship passengers travelling to East Africa and the like.
Believe this is the only clinic in Dubai that does Yellow Fever vac nowadays, if they actually have the vaccine. 04-5021200 Al Mankhool Health Centre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.