Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Xmas Lunch - where is recommended?

Xmas Lunch - where is recommended?

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xmas Lunch - where is recommended?

Well said Patsy.

-
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Well said Patsy.

-
Ta sweetie
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Ta sweetie
There are a number of households in which the man is the cook, you know...

.... well, one at least..........
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Im going out because I also live alone. Not much point in cooking for one plus I may get to meet people this way.

I have to say, as a relatively new guy to the forum, there seems a lot of catiness amongst people on here. I thought we all came to this forum to help one another and share info to help life map out with as little grief as possible?? Apologies if I am misreading the situation and I for one am not looking to make enemies already!!!

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you all have a lovely day, eating in OR out

Taff x
Old Dec 24th 2009, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Im going out because I also live alone. Not much point in cooking for one plus I may get to meet people this way.

I have to say, as a relatively new guy to the forum, there seems a lot of catiness amongst people on here. I thought we all came to this forum to help one another and share info to help life map out with as little grief as possible?? Apologies if I am misreading the situation and I for one am not looking to make enemies already!!!

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you all have a lovely day, eating in OR out

Taff x
Don't worry Taff, mostly the bitchiness is done with humour..sometimes not lol
It is the way of the 'bored'
Where are you having brunch? If you are in Al Qasr come and say hello to MM and me..
Have a great Christmas and just think..we won't be cleaning up the mess
Old Dec 24th 2009, 5:38 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I am sure it is ok for all you guys to prefer having lunch at home..it isn't you slaving over a hot turkey
you are so right there!!!

my job was to supply the beer.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
you are so right there!!!

my job was to supply the beer.
BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bubbly will be my drink "du Jour"
Old Dec 24th 2009, 8:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

How absolutely fabulous, Patsy.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
How absolutely fabulous, Patsy.
TA LH!!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 9:37 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

as opposed to what other day on the lunar calander?
Old Dec 24th 2009, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Taff x
If you are alone then yes of course it makes sense to do to one of the hotels with mates... my comment was really that i don't know why families would go to a hotel.

oh, and I do the cooking.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
as opposed to what other day on the lunar calander?
lol very true!!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
If you are alone then yes of course it makes sense to do to one of the hotels with mates... my comment was really that i don't know why families would go to a hotel.

oh, and I do the cooking.
Because for a lot of families it is nice to have a relaxing day without all the bother and work doing Christmas lunch. I imagine that spending a lovely morning with the family and then getting dresed up for brunch is better for some families than all the work and effort that goes into preparing lunch at home
Old Dec 27th 2009, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Well, gotta say folks, Spice Island was awesome Xmas day! Food was plentiful AND tasty, it wasn't heaving but busy enough so I had very little wait time for drinks at all. Ran into a gobby Aussie right at the end who thought he was smart after a few beers but ultimately it didn't spoil my day!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 4:27 am
banned

Well, gotta say folks, Spice Island was awesome Xmas day! Food was plentiful AND tasty, it wasn't heaving but busy enough so I had very little wait time for drinks at all. Ran into a gobby Aussie right at the end who thought he was smart after a few beers but ultimately it didn't spoil my day!
hope you knocked him out. Ozzies really are knuckleheads with beer in them. What can we expect, his granddad was probably a rapist or a murderer, or worse a Celtic supporter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.