Working and living in NEOM

Working and living in NEOM

Old Dec 30th 2022, 11:58 am
Just Joined

TigBhinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working and living in NEOM

Originally Posted by LGB
Hi all,

I have recently been approached to join one of the engineering/consulting teams in NEOM and am currently looking for some general advice:
  • I would be moving from London and I am interested to know what life there is like from a social perspective. I have been told that there are various restaurants, leisure and entertainment facilities so I presume it is ok?
  • I have heard that working with some members in upper management can be quite challenging and that some team members have a bad and demeaning attitude.
  • Having lived in London for such a long time, I have never actually learned how to drive. Will this make life there challenging?
  • Are they only providing 1-bedroom accommodation or also 2-beds+?
Any advice on the above (or in general) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

LB
Hi, I joined Neom a month ago and it’s been an overwhelming but enjoyable experience. I can’t say much about the social life as I keep to myself mostly (have met many wonderful people though), but there are a number of groups/clubs you can join.

As far as restaurants go, you’ll have the main dining halls in both communities and few food shacks. Nothing major but still manageable. I have no complaints.

My colleagues have been very welcoming and supportive, and you’ll also find many expats and Saudis also willing to help. The work environment for me so far has been less stressful than the UK’s as I’m doing far less for more benefits.

It isn’t a requirement to drive but there’s no harm in learning. The Neom roads are not so busy yet so why not take the opportunity to learn once?

Accommodation wise all new starters are placed in studio cabins in NC2. What I don’t know however is how long this arrangement will be for. To be honest, I prefer NC2 because of where the swimming pool is located and the size of the gym. NC1 however has the better accommodations and much larger dining hall.

All in all you’re in for a nice time if you can get over being on your own; away from your loved ones.

I hope this helps.