Working and living in NEOM

Working and living in NEOM

Old Sep 20th 2022, 2:15 pm
LGB
Just Joined

LGB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working and living in NEOM

Hi all,

I have recently been approached to join one of the engineering/consulting teams in NEOM and am currently looking for some general advice:
  • I would be moving from London and I am interested to know what life there is like from a social perspective. I have been told that there are various restaurants, leisure and entertainment facilities so I presume it is ok?
  • I have heard that working with some members in upper management can be quite challenging and that some team members have a bad and demeaning attitude.
  • Having lived in London for such a long time, I have never actually learned how to drive. Will this make life there challenging?
  • Are they only providing 1-bedroom accommodation or also 2-beds+?
Any advice on the above (or in general) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

LB
Old Sep 20th 2022, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working and living in NEOM

There is a massive thread on NEOM and answers to all your questions above can be found there.
Have a good read and good luck!
Old Oct 21st 2022, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Straykitten is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be nice if we could have sub-threads for the NEOM thread. It contains such a mish-mash of information. I would love to see a subthread that dealt with living and lifestyle info and answered questions like the one LGB posted above..Currently, I have to scroll through a huge number of simultaneous conversations about various aspects of Neom employment to try and find answers to earlier conversations. The issue of living conditions is make or break for me and likely a lot of other people. Would a sub-thread be possible?
Old Oct 21st 2022, 6:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Straykitten
It would be nice if we could have sub-threads for the NEOM thread. It contains such a mish-mash of information. I would love to see a subthread that dealt with living and lifestyle info and answered questions like the one LGB posted above..Currently, I have to scroll through a huge number of simultaneous conversations about various aspects of Neom employment to try and find answers to earlier conversations. The issue of living conditions is make or break for me and likely a lot of other people. Would a sub-thread be possible?
You can use the 'search thread' function to help narrow it down? You don't need to read all of the existing threads, I think if we have sub threads for all aspects of stuff about NEOM we'll have nothing else in the ME forum!

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 21st 2022 at 8:45 am.
Old Oct 21st 2022, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Straykitten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can use the 'search thread' function to help narrow it down? You don't need to read all of the existing threads, I think if we have sub threads for all aspects of stuff about NEOM we'll have nothing else in the ME forum!

HTH.
​​​​​​
​​​christmasoompaa ! Thanks for the reply. 😊

I did actually try the search option but it's not that great when you want to read all the posts and replies about a particular topic. I didn't mean that we should have a separate thread for every possible Neom subtopic. You're right, that would be crazy! Lol! I was suggesting that aside from the one general thread for job/work practicalities, like bonuses, benefits, HR issues, visa-processing times, etc., it would be very helpful to have a sub-thread for general living conditions, accommodation, amenities, pets, schools, etc., as these are the big issues that help people decide whether relocating to NEOM is a good option for them.
Old Oct 22nd 2022, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LGB
Hi all,

I have recently been approached to join one of the engineering/consulting teams in NEOM and am currently looking for some general advice:
  • I would be moving from London and I am interested to know what life there is like from a social perspective. I have been told that there are various restaurants, leisure and entertainment facilities so I presume it is ok?
  • I have heard that working with some members in upper management can be quite challenging and that some team members have a bad and demeaning attitude.
  • Having lived in London for such a long time, I have never actually learned how to drive. Will this make life there challenging?
  • Are they only providing 1-bedroom accommodation or also 2-beds+?
Any advice on the above (or in general) would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

LB
Hey LB, will try and answer your questions, but obviously a lot of this is just my opinion, others may feel differently.

1) the leisure facilities are good for sports, but obviously it is nothing like London, or even a small town. There is a main restaurant and a smaller American restaurant and some food carts.
they are building more areas but if you are looking for any kind of restuarant choice you will need to make the 2 hour drive to Tabuk.2) I have heard stories of bad to work with managers, but everyone I have worked with seems OK. You need to remember that Neom is widely looking to bring in lots of people who were a senior in previous positions so there are a fair few egos heading around, and I have heard some horror stories about senior management in meetings before I joined but it seems to have calmed a lot.

3) At depends on where you want to go. There are busses between the two camps and to Tabuk. And there are taxis that can be hired for a trip or a day etc... so it is mostly fine without a car, but if you want to explore you will be paying a lot for cabs.
4) Yes pretty much just 1 beds at the moment, and to start with most people spend 3 to 9 months in NC2 staying in a studio appartment, but they are currently making plans for the next extension so I have no idea how this will change.

Hope this helps.

EB
Old Nov 25th 2022, 7:06 am
Just Joined

PogoUnLtd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else in this thread. I too am finding it difficult to search for the information I need in this thread and forum.

I am starting work in Neom and have been given the option to live in Tabuk as accommodation in Neom is unavailable. I'm a single woman and will need to find a place to live. In the interests of having any kind of social life and not feeling isolated, are there any expat communities/social activities going on in Tabuk, or any expat compounds that have a friendly social atmosphere? Or are there any online groups where I could find out more information about this?

thanks so much
Old Nov 25th 2022, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PogoUnLtd
Hi, I'm sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else in this thread. I too am finding it difficult to search for the information I need in this thread and forum.

I am starting work in Neom and have been given the option to live in Tabuk as accommodation in Neom is unavailable. I'm a single woman and will need to find a place to live. In the interests of having any kind of social life and not feeling isolated, are there any expat communities/social activities going on in Tabuk, or any expat compounds that have a friendly social atmosphere? Or are there any online groups where I could find out more information about this?

thanks so much
Hi - just out of curiosity, did you get hired by NEOM or NEOM/OXAGON? I'm wondering if there is no accommodation available for NEOM alone or for all divisions, and that's why placement is being provided in Tabuk.

Thanks!
Old Nov 25th 2022, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks so much
Also, the distance between Tabuk City and NEOM is around two hours - one way. Are they expecting you to commute back and forth each day for work? How does that work?
Old Nov 25th 2022, 12:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If there isn't a thread that meets your needs, just start one! Don't expect the Mods to start them - they aren't at NEOM and don't know what questions you are likely to have. No harm in starting your own thread with a relevant title
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:04 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

thanks so much
Have a look at Al Fal compound in Tabuk.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If there isn't a thread that meets your needs, just start one! Don't expect the Mods to start them - they aren't at NEOM and don't know what questions you are likely to have. No harm in starting your own thread with a relevant title
Oh ok! Great, thanks for the advice. I'm new to this forum business
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Not each day. Some days I'd work remotely.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Neom, apparently there is a massive wait list for accommodation and it's a massive problem.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, will check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.