Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Work visa requirements for Qatar

Work visa requirements for Qatar

Old Jun 4th 2006, 4:21 am
Just Joined

worriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the rough
Default Work visa requirements for Qatar

Hi All,

Can anyone point me to the links to the requirements for a work visa in Qatar please (UK national, with a potential job offer). Is it sorted out before i arrive or after i arrive. Any restrictions / complications i should be aware of?

Many thanks
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:38 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work visa requirements for Qatar

Originally Posted by worriedlad
Hi All,

Can anyone point me to the links to the requirements for a work visa in Qatar please (UK national, with a potential job offer). Is it sorted out before i arrive or after i arrive. Any restrictions / complications i should be aware of?

Many thanks
Usually its up to your employer to arrange all the visa requirements etc. As a british passport holder tho u can get a visa on arrival at the airport which can be renewed after sometime (15days.....I think). You may be asked to get a temporary one at the airport and then get it sorted out once youre here.

However you should ask all this to the company employing you in Qatar...

Anything else you want to know give us a shout..........
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:46 am
Just Joined

worriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the roughworriedlad is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Malteser
Usually its up to your employer to arrange all the visa requirements etc. As a british passport holder tho u can get a visa on arrival at the airport which can be renewed after sometime (15days.....I think). You may be asked to get a temporary one at the airport and then get it sorted out once youre here.

However you should ask all this to the company employing you in Qatar...

Anything else you want to know give us a shout..........

Thanks Malteser

Yes they will sort out for me but as the job is potential (i.e they havent issued contract yet) i'm just trying to pre-empt what paperwork etc i will be required to produce so i can get it all organised.

Thanks again
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:50 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Malteser

Yes they will sort out for me but as the job is potential (i.e they havent issued contract yet) i'm just trying to pre-empt what paperwork etc i will be required to produce so i can get it all organised.

Thanks again
Not really sure as to what sort of documents they will require. I know its marriage certificates if youre married and kids birth certificates if you have any. Will ask the DH tonight and give u a better idea

Have u ever been to Doha before
Old Jun 4th 2006, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Malteser
Not really sure as to what sort of documents they will require. I know its marriage certificates if youre married and kids birth certificates if you have any. Will ask the DH tonight and give u a better idea

Have u ever been to Doha before
Nope, been to Dubai though, thats my limit on Middle East knowledge. Dont know anyone there either, hence using this forum.

Ta for all your help, much appreciated.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:48 am
Melts in your Mouth

Nope, been to Dubai though, thats my limit on Middle East knowledge. Dont know anyone there either, hence using this forum.

Ta for all your help, much appreciated.
Well I am in Doha so if theres anything else u want to know..........
Old Jun 4th 2006, 11:56 am