Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

World Cup (if I am lucky)

World Cup (if I am lucky)

Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:36 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Cup (if I am lucky)

I just really need to shout.....

It only two days to go to the World Cup however it has now been seven days and over 20 phone calls and ADD still cannot / will not / have not conected the footie channels. We have asked, faxed, screamed, shouted, spoken to managers offered to pay cash, direct to bank, credit cards and still they cannot manage a simple transaction....

We have been a customer for nearly 3 years and depsite the fact they are still charging $150.00 (so much for loyalty programs etc)we decided to go for it , however despite all of the attempts above they still can't manage it.

Gulf News ran a headline about people buying black market systems to watch the footie and to be honest after this experience I am sorely tempted just to go that route myself....

If anyone has any ideas how I can get the footie I would be grateful.

Anyhow vent over....
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

miss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud of
Default Re: World Cup (if I am lucky)

Originally Posted by Welivehere

It only two days to go to the World Cup however it has now been seven days and over 20 phone calls and ADD still cannot / will not / have not conected the footie channels. We have asked, faxed, screamed, shouted, spoken to managers offered to pay cash, direct to bank, credit cards and still they cannot manage a simple transaction....

We have been a customer for nearly 3 years and depsite the fact they are still charging $150.00 (so much for loyalty programs etc)we decided to go for it , however despite all of the attempts above they still can't manage it.

Gulf News ran a headline about people buying black market systems to watch the footie and to be honest after this experience I am sorely tempted just to go that route myself....

Anyhow vent over....
uh oh! good luck! although, having been here for 3 years you should have anticipated this about 18 months ago! you know nothing important gets done within a year..... 20 letters..... 150 abusive phone calls..... 3 nervous break downs..... box of valum..... etc!

again, good luck
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:03 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Anyhow vent over....

Typical...............years go by and things remain the same....

Hey Welivehere.....any luck wt job hunting in Doha
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Josie123 is an unknown quantity at this point

It only two days to go to the World Cup however it has now been seven days and over 20 phone calls and ADD still cannot / will not / have not conected the footie channels. We have asked, faxed, screamed, shouted, spoken to managers offered to pay cash, direct to bank, credit cards and still they cannot manage a simple transaction.... ..

Help me then... does that mean although I have forked over to ADD and Showtime some extortionate amount of money to watch - that it wont be played?? I thought that the channels came live on the first day of the tournament..... oh no... i feel sick becuase I have promised my hubby that i have organised it right.

How do I know now if I will have the right channels???

Help...
Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:21 pm
W10

More fool you guys for paying their extortionate prices!!

Old Jun 6th 2006, 1:46 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
More fool you guys for paying their extortionate prices!!
It's more a do the math thing. It's cost me 550AED for all of the games. So if you work out even going out for the England group games for both the wife and I we are likely to spend that. Take into account we can then watch all of the games from the comfort of home for the same 550.00AED it seemed to make sense....

Miss B - Oh yeah shoud'a known better, but I live in a world that always believes the best will come... Oh boy.... Have I got to move world.

Malt - Looking but not actively seeking at the moment, if something came along that really took my fancy I would pursue it but I'm not going too far out of my way at the moment.

Josie - I would love to help, but seeing as I don't have them myself I don't actually know what you should be looking for... Sorry...