Work Visa Renewal

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work Visa Renewal

I am due to leave my present job in early Feb next year.
I do have a job already lined in still here in the sand pit up in Al Khobar.

Now the question is !!!
I have to go back to the UK for the New Visa and Full Medical.
The new work visa is issused in the uk.
Medical has to be done also in the UK.

I have been told i need a NOC in order for them to process me back in the UK.
I know my present employer will not issue me an NOC.

How can i get round this problem. ???

My present passport is less than 2 years old and has my present work visa in there.
Is it worth while changing my passport when i am in the uk for one of these 4 hour quick turn round passports.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:05 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Visa Renewal

Originally Posted by coffindodger View Post
I am due to leave my present job in early Feb next year.
I do have a job already lined in still here in the sand pit up in Al Khobar.

Now the question is !!!
I have to go back to the UK for the New Visa and Full Medical.
The new work visa is issused in the uk.
Medical has to be done also in the UK.

I have been told i need a NOC in order for them to process me back in the UK.
I know my present employer will not issue me an NOC.

How can i get round this problem. ???

My present passport is less than 2 years old and has my present work visa in there.
Is it worth while changing my passport when i am in the uk for one of these 4 hour quick turn round passports.
why not get a final exit visa from your current employer in february, this will mean you are no longer under their sponsorship and you can apply for the new visa under your new employer?
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central View Post
why not get a final exit visa from your current employer in february, this will mean you are no longer under their sponsorship and you can apply for the new visa under your new employer?
Yes i will be getting my final exit in feb
But the agency in the UK Are still insisting on me having an NOC before i arrive back in London.

But as i read it i have finnished and have an final exit from my present employers so i have nothing to do with them hare in Riyadh.
My new job is in Al Khobar different company.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 6:40 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You may have to simply grease a few palms in order to get the NOC issued as legally I don't think they are allowed to withhold it. Alternatively threaten to pursue the matter through the courts.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
You may have to simply grease a few palms in order to get the NOC issued as legally I don't think they are allowed to withhold it. Alternatively threaten to pursue the matter through the courts.
Yes maybe or get a new passport on arrival back in the uk.
But what about my fingerprints and eye scans, how long are they kept on file for. any ideas any one.