Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British Passport due to finished pages

British Passport due to finished pages

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

msk2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry British Passport due to finished pages

Hi , Due to the nature of my job and travelling involved I have managed to successfully finish off all but one page on my passport. the passport is still valid for another 6 years.

With the new beautiful rule of applying for UK passport in Germany from the middle east ( wow so many countries involved) is it possible to apply for a second passport without handing over my existing passport as the new passport can takes min 4 weeks.

Or if i am feeling lucky do they still allow someone to apply for a second passport in the Riyadh embassy?

Any help would be much appreciated or else I will have to go the UK just to get a second passport.

Regards,
msk
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Passport due to finished pages

Some airlines won't even let you fly if you have only one empty page, as a visa stamp will presumably be necessary upon your return. Just go through the usual renewal procedure. As a precaution, it's always wise to check the number of spare pages well before you need to travel.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by msk2009 View Post
the new passport can takes min 4 weeks
can take, but most people renewing since the switch to Dusseldorf have been getting them back in about 10 days... 4 weeks is probably for the busiest periods...
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Might be best to go back to the UK and get a new passport in less than 4 hours .
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

see if you can peel a few old ones off. I did for this ridiculous Indonesia visa that was only for a four day visit to Bintan Island (which is Singapore in my eyes anyways)
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Hi , Due to the nature of my job and travelling involved I have managed to successfully finish off all but one page on my passport. the passport is still valid for another 6 years.

With the new beautiful rule of applying for UK passport in Germany from the middle east ( wow so many countries involved) is it possible to apply for a second passport without handing over my existing passport as the new passport can takes min 4 weeks.

Or if i am feeling lucky do they still allow someone to apply for a second passport in the Riyadh embassy?

Any help would be much appreciated or else I will have to go the UK just to get a second passport.

Regards,
msk
Apply for a second passport to the UKPA - but you'll need a letter from employer explaining why you need it.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

renewals via germany have been like 1 week or so
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 5:01 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to surrender your first pp to get a second. You need a letter from your employer and one from you explaining why.

Interestingly the pp form has about four spaces for additional pp numbers so there must be some people with five. I used to have two - 'For us' and 'Against Us'.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

At the British embassy in Tripoli earlier this year I was told that second passport applications would be "tightened up" over the coming months. They told me that the best way was to apply with a letter from the employer stating (along the lines of) "needs a second passport in order to make multiple visa applications due to travel requirements". The application should be supported with copies of the visa and entry/exit stamps showing that the applicant is a frequent traveler.

HTH
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 3:33 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,
msk
Get an egate card!
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 11:40 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

It's really easiest to do this in a day at Victoria.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Once you have the second passport (which I do) do you still need an employer's letter to renew it?
Old Nov 4th 2010, 6:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh View Post
At the British embassy in Tripoli earlier this year I was told that second passport applications would be "tightened up" over the coming months. They told me that the best way was to apply with a letter from the employer stating (along the lines of) "needs a second passport in order to make multiple visa applications due to travel requirements". The application should be supported with copies of the visa and entry/exit stamps showing that the applicant is a frequent traveler.

HTH
Dont think that is 'tightening up'...

You have needed a letter pretty much stating that for all 2nd passport applications, AFAIK...
Old Nov 4th 2010, 8:57 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
Once you have the second passport (which I do) do you still need an employer's letter to renew it?
Yes, you do.

Fell foul of this, had to get a letter faxed over.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE View Post
Dont think that is 'tightening up'...

You have needed a letter pretty much stating that for all 2nd passport applications, AFAIK...

I was really referring to their requirement to provide copies of the visas and stamps, to show that the applicant was a frequent traveller