Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Wills, Taxation and Estate Planning

Wills, Taxation and Estate Planning

Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:24 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wills, Taxation and Estate Planning

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly
Dh and I are drawing up our UK will next week when he's home on leave, but we've been advised that that will not stand for much in the UAE. Our main concern is our 2 young girls should the worst happen, so do we need a whole new will drawn up once we're all there? And if so, how much should we expect that to cost? And if it is really extortionate do you think we could try and claim it back of the company seeings how it's them that will have brought us there? And apologies for the appalling grammar, 4 weeks of single parenthood is seriously taking it's toll......
I've also heard that UK wills are not easy to get to stand here and I won't pretend I am an expert on this subject. This seminar has come about because many of my clients and contacts ask about this important subject and so we spent time looking for someone qualified and experience in the GCC market where things are never clear.

Will writing is a serious and important subject most people don't take seriously. Regardless of who you choose to engage to help you and weather you attend my seminar or not it's very important to make sure the person you deal is not only qualified but experience in the GCC/UAE and understands the implications of Sharia law on your locally held assets.

N.