Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Wills, Taxation and Estate Planning

Wills, Taxation and Estate Planning

Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:53 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wills, Taxation and Estate Planning

Hi folks,

I'm organising free seminar for the 23rd of this month in Abu Dhabi - have managed to get a member of the Society of Will Writers over who knows everything about Wills, Estate Planning, Probate Services etc etc.

If anyone thinks it might be useful to attend feel free to PM and I'll give you more details.

Cheers,

N.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:52 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wills, Taxation and Estate Planning

A properly qualified lawyer, or just a will writer?
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
always with the negativity
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central View Post
always with the negativity
What? That's nonsense Mr Newbie

A will writer is not the same a employing a proper lawyer....
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Not least of which in terms of their respective fees. I nearly wept when I saw the fee for my will (from a lawyer).
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:46 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
Not least of which in terms of their respective fees. I nearly wept when I saw the fee for my will (from a lawyer).
Was the rough cost not agreed at ourset? I use an experienced lawyer, but she is no more expensive than the will writing services in Dubai. And she really does understand the implications of estate planning etc.

Sadly, it's too easy to be ripped off in the UAE, either by over-charging profesionals or unqualified advisers. It's really quite depressing.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Was the rough cost not agreed at ourset? I use an experienced lawyer, but she is no more expensive than the will writing services in Dubai. And she really does understand the implications of estate planning etc.

Sadly, it's too easy to be ripped off in the UAE, either by over-charging profesionals or unqualified advisers. It's really quite depressing.
Oh, yes, the range of potential costs was very clearly defined at the start (this was in London). But when they turned from potential into real, then it hit. Nice not to have to pay VAT though.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

What? That's nonsense Mr Newbie

the clue was in the title free seminar very naive of you to expect a lawyer to turn up at that
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:02 pm
Bored liberal

the clue was in the title free seminar very naive of you to expect a lawyer to turn up at that
Why do you think I asked??

I really have no idea who you are but you seem to have an issue with me.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

Why do you think I asked??

I really have no idea who you are but you seem to have an issue with me.
sorry what now? I was poking fun at lawyers ..rein in the paranoia
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:09 pm
Bored liberal

sorry what now? I was poking fun at lawyers ..rein in the paranoia
OK. I just don't like being accused of being negative. I'm just cynical!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

OK. I just don't like being accused of being negative. I'm just cynical!
grovelling apology accepted ...just kidding
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:17 pm
Bored liberal

grovelling apology accepted ...just kidding
And to prove you don't know me, grovelling??!!

Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

Dh and I are drawing up our UK will next week when he's home on leave, but we've been advised that that will not stand for much in the UAE. Our main concern is our 2 young girls should the worst happen, so do we need a whole new will drawn up once we're all there? And if so, how much should we expect that to cost? And if it is really extortionate do you think we could try and claim it back of the company seeings how it's them that will have brought us there? And apologies for the appalling grammar, 4 weeks of single parenthood is seriously taking it's toll......
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:14 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

A qualified Will writer who works in conjunction with a reputable international law firm...we also have fully qualified lawyers attending and speaking.

Am surprised you even asked given you know who I work for

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.