Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:23 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by dragonfly64
Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to this site, but have found a lot of great information. My husband and I are moving to Abu Dhabi within the next 30 days, so I am busily packing. I have to pack my meditation room next, but am not sure what is okay to bring. I am Wiccan and have a fairly good library. Will there be any problem with me bring these books into the UAE? I really appreciate any insight and assistance!
Hi,

I wouldn't bring any of your books with you. Use the net for Wiccan resources - not all sites are banned as most people here do not even know what Wicca is. Books can easily be misunderstood and you will have a next to nothing chance of explaining them or your belief to the majority of Muslim people here.

Another thing - when asked by a local what religion you just say Christian and leave it at that unless you know them very very well. Wicca would be considered witchcraft here which is a criminal offense that will land you jail time. This is the middle east - do not expect tolerance and understanding of any non Abrahamic religion.

Your friendly neighbourhood Athiest heathen

N.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

dragonfly64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Sounds like good advice! Thanks a bunch!!!