Reload this Page >

Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

dragonfly64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to this site, but have found a lot of great information. My husband and I are moving to Abu Dhabi within the next 30 days, so I am busily packing. I have to pack my meditation room next, but am not sure what is okay to bring. I am Wiccan and have a fairly good library. Will there be any problem with me bring these books into the UAE? I really appreciate any insight and assistance!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wicca in Abu Dhabi

Shouldn't be a problem, they generally allow all sorts of crazy beliefs here.

Apart from Judaism.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! I just don't want to have an issue first thing! I'm pretty discreet - no pointy hat in public!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benzonar
Shouldn't be a problem, they generally allow all sorts of crazy beliefs here.

Apart from Judaism.
You are treading on dangerous ground describing Judaism as a crazy belief.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Jaybo is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that not some sort of modern day witchcraft? Your game if you do take them I will give you that. Don’t forget to pack your Israel flag, and take some codeine just in case.
Good Luck.
lol
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

It's an earth based religion. No hexes, etc.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

lulu2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jaybo
Is that not some sort of modern day witchcraft? Your game if you do take them I will give you that. Don’t forget to pack your Israel flag, and take some codeine just in case.
Good Luck.
lol
WOW ... that's all I can say ... WOW!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
You are treading on dangerous ground describing Judaism as a crazy belief.
Why is that?

Any belief that involves a supernatural fairy living in the sky with no proof for their existence is crazy in my book. So that includes all gods and religions.

Thor, Zeus, Mars, Neptune, Osiris, Bacchus, Mithras, Allah, Yahweh, Odin, Juju, Poseidon, , etc, etc
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

outtatouch is an unknown quantity at this point

to each his own! good luck - this place is weird enough!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, everyone.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:49 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Why is that?

Any belief that involves a supernatural fairy living in the sky with no proof for their existence is crazy in my book. So that includes all gods and religions.

Thor, Zeus, Mars, Neptune, Osiris, Bacchus, Mithras, Allah, Yahweh, Odin, Juju, Poseidon, , etc, etc
Can you count Poseidon and Neptune twice- just one fairy no?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Lyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud ofLyds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dragonfly64
Thanks, everyone.
I think it may be fine as long as none of your books, etc... contain anything that could be construed as offensive - violence, nudity, etc... Maybe have a flick through and check with your most paranoid hat on! I have heard that they inspect your shipment with you present when it arrives, so don't bring anything that you feel would be difficult to explain to an angry, jobsworth chap with limited english!

Related but unrelated, we decided to leave our dvd of A Clockwork Orange behind, thinking that it could possibly offend anyone on every level!

I hope this helps!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Great - thank you so much for the info!!!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:04 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Ok time to stop the mucking around.

Your nuts....not your beliefs...you are perfectly entitled to believe in whatever twoddle you want....i mean in bringing in wicca books....

you will run a big risk...whilst there is a better than evens chance nowt will happen the other chance is that you will have them all taken off you and could well be deported.

Christianity and other main stream religions are tolerated as long as its not in your face....less mainstream is like a rag to a bull.

There are plenty of people in jail here who have been accused of withcraft and i'd imagine that trying to explain wicca to the cops here would be a total waste of time.

The great irony being that most khaleejis are in fact inclined towards paganism and still believe in jinn and witchcraft

wicca itself is offensive to islam period
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. I will leave my stuff in storage. I really appreciate your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.