Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where's good in Dubai these days?

Where's good in Dubai these days?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 2:58 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where's good in Dubai these days?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
This Friday 24th August, I'm back in Chi Club with more 80's classics than you can throw a Rubik's Cube at!

Add your name to the guestlist on the discussion board for free entry before midnight and see you there.
oh great...might go there then...thanks BC!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh great...might go there then...thanks BC!
pleasure!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
Grand Hyatt? Andiamo is OK but watch out for the German (I think) chef behind the buffet counter - he treats the food as his own, and gets very uppity if he thinks you're taking too much.

Cooz is an overpriced bar lacking in atmosphere, with a limited range of beverages. It does food, but that's prepared in kitchens so far away that you need Han Solo's Millenium Falcon to get it to your table even half-warm...... apart from all that, it's a great bar.

You didn't mention whether you will be accompanied on your Dubai visit. If you have your wife or girlfriend with you, it would be great to try the bar at the York Hotel in downtown Bur Dubai. You could say to her something like 'I'm taking you to a place where you'll really feel like you belong'.

Then we can all come and visit you in hospital the following day, and get to know you better.
I live around the corner from The York, call and I'll get the ambulance ready

Try the Latino Grill (Al Marooj Rotana) just of SZR. Excellent steak house, nice wine list and a reasonable price.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it's a shame we aren't having a British Expats night out you could have joined us !! you will have to come back in September Rog
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

The good old days of Cyclone...When men were men...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
The good old days of Cyclone...When men were men...
I got thrown INTO Cyclone by the security guards once.......... wouldn't have gone near it otherwise.........
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:21 pm
Concierge

I got thrown INTO Cyclone by the security guards once.......... wouldn't have gone near it otherwise.........
thank god you got out!!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

With gazongas like those,what did you expect???
Old Aug 20th 2007, 6:41 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Hyatt? Andiamo is OK but watch out for the German (I think) chef behind the buffet counter - he treats the food as his own, and gets very uppity if he thinks you're taking too much.

Cooz is an overpriced bar lacking in atmosphere, with a limited range of beverages. It does food, but that's prepared in kitchens so far away that you need Han Solo's Millenium Falcon to get it to your table even half-warm...... apart from all that, it's a great bar.

You didn't mention whether you will be accompanied on your Dubai visit. If you have your wife or girlfriend with you, it would be great to try the bar at the York Hotel in downtown Bur Dubai. You could say to her something like 'I'm taking you to a place where you'll really feel like you belong'.

Then we can all come and visit you in hospital the following day, and get to know you better.
PMSL very funny
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:00 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Quality advice! Thanks - appreciated.

"Overpriced bar lacking in atmosphere"? As a bloke who mis-spent too much of his youth in an assortment of great Yorkshire pubs, I'd say that sums up the entire Middle East hospitality industry, but perhaps that's just me!

And hailing from the White Rose county, just the name of the York Hotel is attractive. I will indeed be accompanied, but herself is a daring soul.....I am sorely tempted to visit the establishment and see it with my own eyes. As you may know, we have a number of venues in Bahrain that feature ladies of various nationalities offering commercial services at negotiable rates.

It might be enlightening to compare and see whether all aspects of life are bigger and better in Dubai!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:18 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
Quality advice! Thanks - appreciated.

"Overpriced bar lacking in atmosphere"? As a bloke who mis-spent too much of his youth in an assortment of great Yorkshire pubs, I'd say that sums up the entire Middle East hospitality industry, but perhaps that's just me!

And hailing from the White Rose county, just the name of the York Hotel is attractive. I will indeed be accompanied, but herself is a daring soul.....I am sorely tempted to visit the establishment and see it with my own eyes. As you may know, we have a number of venues in Bahrain that feature ladies of various nationalities offering commercial services at negotiable rates.

It might be enlightening to compare and see whether all aspects of life are bigger and better in Dubai!
you mean you'll get shagged by a hooker...
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:32 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MataHari
you mean you'll get shagged by a hooker...
Can't beat a bit of plain talkin'!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
Can't beat a bit of plain talkin'!
it was almost tyke-like in its bluntness!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:53 am
W10

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
Chris Fisher does the Friday night 80s thing there which is meant to be great...always heaving apparently...

MM, xx
A perfect reason not to go

Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:54 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by W10
A perfect reason not to go
I think he's an ok guy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.