Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where's good in Dubai these days?

Where's good in Dubai these days?

Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:20 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where's good in Dubai these days?

Originally Posted by beebee
Somewhere quiet and relaxing with debauchery thrown in!
You have hit the nail on the head!

I presume therefore that you can point me in the right direction!!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
neither do I want to be rubbing shoulders with poor, sweaty fellows eating a handful of rice with their fingers!
better not come to a BE meetup then
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:57 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

You have hit the nail on the head!

I presume therefore that you can point me in the right direction!!
Sorry.. I do not frequent them places (can't find them)
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:02 am
Just Joined

karis is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
better not come to a BE meetup then
Whats a BE meetup?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by karis
Whats a BE meetup?
Where we meet up
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to be taking a submarine to get my dinner, neither do I want to be rubbing shoulders with poor, sweaty fellows eating a handful of rice with their fingers!

Restaurant - Somewhere smart and lively, with good food of any genre.

Bar - Open to suggestion, what's new? (Done the Irish Village / Biggles / Long Bar malarkey!)

Clubs - Again, open to suggestion? Done a few in past trips, where is popular with you high-living Dubai-ites??
I've been recently down to the Madinat area, Left Bank and Trade Vic, there are a couple of clubs and various restaurants there as well like Pieces all within reach and no taxi required between them, and had good nights
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:08 am
Just Joined

karis is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nicekaris is just really nice

Where we meet up
Oh thank you, is it a club? if so where is it?.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

every month or so a group from here meet up for food and drinks. Think one is planned for next month.

Hopefully before Ramadan kicks in!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:22 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
I've been recently down to the Madinat area, Left Bank and Trade Vic, there are a couple of clubs and various restaurants there as well like Pieces all within reach and no taxi required between them, and had good nights
Cheers, went to Madinat Jumeirah 2 years ago. Meat Co / Jambase ?? / Wine bar place?? / T.Vics / an Italian in the Dar Al Masyef area / Trilogy.

Is there anywhere different / new up there I should try?
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, went to Madinat Jumeirah 2 years ago. Meat Co / Jambase ?? / Wine bar place?? / T.Vics / an Italian in the Dar Al Masyef area / Trilogy.

Not sure, I'm just discovering it myself but so far you have named the usual suspects
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:28 am

think I confused you a bit there...
BE meet up = British Expats meet up
so far we have met twice, at different venues, and had a good time!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:29 am

Ever tried Jules? Sleazy kinda bar, but I think the resident band are worth a look!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:58 am
Just Joined

think I confused you a bit there...
BE meet up = British Expats meet up
so far we have met twice, at different venues, and had a good time!
Thank you for explaining that, maybe i could come to one.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

you still can't go wrong with the Madinat, Jambase is usually really busy on a Thursday night...Trilogy is still the best club (although better when the rooftop bar is open in the winter!).

Worth checking out Apres in Mall of the Emirates - it's a bar/restaurant overlooking the ski slopes...

Then there's Zinc in the Crowne Plaza, and a new bar in the same hotel called iZe which I haven't tried, but is meant to be ok...

If you want steak, Rib Room in Emirates Towers is fab...and you could go to Vus for drinks before/after...the Agency winebar is there too, plus Scarletts if you're looking for trolly dollies...

If you're here for a Friday brunch, Yalumba at Le Meridien do a great Bollinger (or similar, they may have changed the brand) brunch, big party atmosphere there, and good food...

Hope that helps!
MM, xx
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

looks like you are heading in the right direction Rog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.