British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Where do we all come from with names!? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/where-do-we-all-come-names-266344/)

Papillon1 Nov 14th 2004 6:39 am

Re: Where do we all come from with names!?

Durham, England, such a beautiful place, Roger Whittaker even sang a song about it, God i'm effing homesick. :(

Truth Speak Nov 14th 2004 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Papillon
Durham, England, such a beautiful place, Roger Whittaker even sang a song about it, God i'm effing homesick. :(

I know it well - stayed in the castle. :) Y don't u just escape like ur namesake?

Papillon1 Nov 14th 2004 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I know it well - stayed in the castle. :) Y don't u just escape like ur namesake?

Money dear friend, long term financial planning, saving for a carefree future and a fancy car.

Truth Speak Nov 14th 2004 6:49 am

Money dear friend, long term financial planning, saving for a carefree future and a fancy car.

Now theres a good reason to stay if I ever heard one :) I was on the same plan a number of years ago - somehow I never manage to get any closer :eek:

Good luck

Papillon1 Nov 14th 2004 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Now theres a good reason to stay if I ever heard one :) I was on the same plan a number of years ago - somehow I never manage to get any closer :eek:

Good luck

The end is close, passport destruction will occur within three years, and i'll never venture further from my back door, than i can reach within a 5 minute brisk walk.

It really makes me smile when i read the postings of people disillusioned with life at home, there really is no better place that i've found, and i'm dying to get back.

Heart of gold Nov 14th 2004 8:41 am

The end is close, passport destruction will occur within three years, and i'll never venture further from my back door, than i can reach within a 5 minute brisk walk.

It really makes me smile when i read the postings of people disillusioned with life at home, there really is no better place that i've found, and i'm dying to get back.

My passport wont distruct but I have never ventured past my back gate either. I am not disillusioned with life back home, in fact I love it. I cannot wait to get back though I have to wait a few years ... Which for now I dont mind.

Heart :)

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
My passport wont distruct but I have never ventured past my back gate either. I am not disillusioned with life back home, in fact I love it. I cannot wait to get back though I have to wait a few years ... Which for now I dont mind.

Heart :)

Me too Heart, my aim is to always return to the UK, I have my cottage pictured in my head :)

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Me too Heart, my aim is to always return to the UK, I have my cottage pictured in my head :)

Hope your aim come true... :)

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 11:20 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Hope your aim come true... :)

Thanks Novita and what is your aim, do you know it yet? :)

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 11:26 am

Still saving up to get a bloody house in England... :D

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 11:34 am

BTW JB... first rain of the year in Doha... :D

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 11:54 am

Originally Posted by novita77
BTW JB... first rain of the year in Doha... :D

Enjoy none here yet :(

Elles Nov 14th 2004 12:04 pm

I'm from Basingstoke, hants.....saving up for that massive cottage in the New Forest.... when I return to good old blighty!

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Elles
I'm from Basingstoke, hants.....saving up for that massive cottage in the New Forest.... when I return to good old blighty!

We will have to fight over it then E LOL :D

Elles Nov 14th 2004 12:12 pm

We will have to fight over it then E LOL :D

no...don't fight over the cottage.....lets fight over who gets the hunky young man mulling around the garden! If he's got Brad Pitt's body...then I'm sorry....your gonna loose!