British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Where do we all come from with names!? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/where-do-we-all-come-names-266344/)

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 9:01 pm

Where do we all come from with names!?

Sorry the other one did not recognise the post name option in the poll...

To follow on from TS's thread of talking about US... where have we all come from before landing in Dubai? This is a public poll by the way...

Maximum for polls is 10 hence why an odd spread of countries so do add any others in the posts....

Toontje Nov 13th 2004 9:19 pm

Re: Where do we all come from with names!?

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

To follow on from TS's thread of talking about US... where have we all come from before landing in Dubai? This is a public poll by the way...

Maximum for polls is 10 hence why an odd spread of countries so do add any others in the posts....

There are at least three Dutchies lurking on BE.....

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje
There are at least three Dutchies lurking on BE.....

Simone, you and Pascal?

Toontje Nov 13th 2004 9:31 pm

Simone, you and Pascal?

Those are the ones I know. Maybe even more.....
But I know, your poll is limited. But you could have left Germany out and put NW-Europe in.....

DanMarsden Nov 13th 2004 9:36 pm

Or the Middle East. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Toontje
Those are the ones I know. Maybe even more.....
But I know, your poll is limited. But you could have left Germany out and put NW-Europe in.....

Good point.. hence why add in any other places in the posts...

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Or the Middle East. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

learn to read.

DanMarsden Nov 13th 2004 9:42 pm

learn to read.

Read what? What if someone used to be in another country in the Middle East before moving to Dubai? What if someone was born or has lived in a ME country (not UAE) all their life? Learn to make sense. :rolleyes:

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 9:53 pm

Read what? What if someone used to be in another country in the Middle East before moving to Dubai? What if someone was born or has lived in a ME country (not UAE) all their life? Learn to make sense. :rolleyes:

hence why the majority of this forum thinks ur an irritating little git.

It says any places not included in the poll should be written in the actual posts.....

don't even bother trying to be clever.

DanMarsden Nov 13th 2004 9:55 pm

hence why the majority of this forum thinks ur an irritating little git.

It says any places not included in the poll should be written in the actual posts.....

don't even bother trying to be clever.

You make no sense. You have Germany, France, etc. separately, yet don't have Middle East as a region.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyway, back to ignoring you it is!!!

joseph.creative Nov 13th 2004 10:02 pm

You make no sense. You have Germany, France, etc. separately, yet don't have Middle East as a region.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Anyway, back to ignoring you it is!!!

maybe because the majority of the people in this forum are from Western countries. I am including commonwealth in that broad stroke as well.

Whilst I would love to tell you to XXXX off, it is pointless as it would only fuel you to retort with more comments which are just blocking this thread.

I expect that you will be banned shortly anyway.

Toontje Nov 13th 2004 10:17 pm

Don't hold your breath to that. I expect DanM to be clever enough to avoid that.

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 5:28 am

Far East :D

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 6:06 am

maybe because the majority of the people in this forum are from Western countries. I am including commonwealth in that broad stroke as well.

Whilst I would love to tell you to XXXX off, it is pointless as it would only fuel you to retort with more comments which are just blocking this thread.

Why??? Ban because he put you on his ignoring list???

Truth Speak Nov 14th 2004 6:20 am

Kent UK and proud of it!!!!

Papillon1 Nov 14th 2004 6:39 am

Durham, England, such a beautiful place, Roger Whittaker even sang a song about it, God i'm effing homesick. :(

Truth Speak Nov 14th 2004 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Papillon
Durham, England, such a beautiful place, Roger Whittaker even sang a song about it, God i'm effing homesick. :(

I know it well - stayed in the castle. :) Y don't u just escape like ur namesake?

Papillon1 Nov 14th 2004 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I know it well - stayed in the castle. :) Y don't u just escape like ur namesake?

Money dear friend, long term financial planning, saving for a carefree future and a fancy car.

Truth Speak Nov 14th 2004 6:49 am

Money dear friend, long term financial planning, saving for a carefree future and a fancy car.

Now theres a good reason to stay if I ever heard one :) I was on the same plan a number of years ago - somehow I never manage to get any closer :eek:

Good luck

Papillon1 Nov 14th 2004 6:58 am

Now theres a good reason to stay if I ever heard one :) I was on the same plan a number of years ago - somehow I never manage to get any closer :eek:

Good luck

The end is close, passport destruction will occur within three years, and i'll never venture further from my back door, than i can reach within a 5 minute brisk walk.

It really makes me smile when i read the postings of people disillusioned with life at home, there really is no better place that i've found, and i'm dying to get back.

Heart of gold Nov 14th 2004 8:41 am

The end is close, passport destruction will occur within three years, and i'll never venture further from my back door, than i can reach within a 5 minute brisk walk.

It really makes me smile when i read the postings of people disillusioned with life at home, there really is no better place that i've found, and i'm dying to get back.

My passport wont distruct but I have never ventured past my back gate either. I am not disillusioned with life back home, in fact I love it. I cannot wait to get back though I have to wait a few years ... Which for now I dont mind.

Heart :)

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
My passport wont distruct but I have never ventured past my back gate either. I am not disillusioned with life back home, in fact I love it. I cannot wait to get back though I have to wait a few years ... Which for now I dont mind.

Heart :)

Me too Heart, my aim is to always return to the UK, I have my cottage pictured in my head :)

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Me too Heart, my aim is to always return to the UK, I have my cottage pictured in my head :)

Hope your aim come true... :)

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 11:20 am

Originally Posted by novita77
Hope your aim come true... :)

Thanks Novita and what is your aim, do you know it yet? :)

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 11:26 am

Still saving up to get a bloody house in England... :D

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 11:34 am

BTW JB... first rain of the year in Doha... :D

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 11:54 am

BTW JB... first rain of the year in Doha... :D

Enjoy none here yet :(

Elles Nov 14th 2004 12:04 pm

I'm from Basingstoke, hants.....saving up for that massive cottage in the New Forest.... when I return to good old blighty!

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Elles
I'm from Basingstoke, hants.....saving up for that massive cottage in the New Forest.... when I return to good old blighty!

We will have to fight over it then E LOL :D

Elles Nov 14th 2004 12:12 pm

We will have to fight over it then E LOL :D

no...don't fight over the cottage.....lets fight over who gets the hunky young man mulling around the garden! If he's got Brad Pitt's body...then I'm sorry....your gonna loose!

novita77 Nov 14th 2004 12:27 pm

no...don't fight over the cottage.....lets fight over who gets the hunky young man mulling around the garden! If he's got Brad Pitt's body...then I'm sorry....your gonna loose!

Oh dear... cat fight :scared:

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 1:38 pm

LOL BP a bit young for me so you can have him, but if it turns out to be George Clooney...even overweight he's mine :mad: :D

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 1:39 pm

Oh dear... cat fight :scared:

Hi Novita my cats still dancin' no fightin' yet :D

Heart of gold Nov 14th 2004 1:54 pm

LOL BP a bit young for me so you can have him, but if it turns out to be George Clooney...even overweight he's mine :mad: :D

My darling Hubby took me for a meal at the Shangrila and I got a good look at George Clooney himself ..... And before you ask, he still looks good even with the extra wieght for the new film Oceans Twelve. :D

Jellybean Nov 14th 2004 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
My darling Hubby took me for a meal at the Shangrila and I got a good look at George Clooney himself ..... And before you ask, he still looks good even with the extra wieght for the new film Oceans Twelve. :D

:mad: Jealous me nooooo not one bit :mad: Swoooon :p

Face81 Nov 14th 2004 3:09 pm

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! !!!!!http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images...s/wallbash.gif

I hate not being able to give u a proper answer to that q!!!!!!

The only logical thing to say wud be that I was born here and have lived here ever since. okay.... that wasnt so bad...... needed to vent! LOL

Truth Speak Nov 14th 2004 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Face81
aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! !!!!!http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images...s/wallbash.gif

I hate not being able to give u a proper answer to that q!!!!!!

The only logical thing to say wud be that I was born here and have lived here ever since. okay.... that wasnt so bad...... needed to vent! LOL

Thats cruelty to Smilies Face - the RSPCS will b after u!!

joseph.creative Nov 14th 2004 3:49 pm

we used to have an C18 coach house in the new forest... if u do get there then beware the protection orders on the trees... it is a real pain in the arse.

Swingbridge. Nov 14th 2004 4:17 pm

Lived in Germany and was working in Copenhagen.

Face81 Nov 14th 2004 4:54 pm

Thats cruelty to Smilies Face - the RSPCS will b after u!!

lololol...... the thought of starting up a show called Smiley Hospital comes to mind.... hahahahahaha