Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's your favourite newspaper and why?

What's your favourite newspaper and why?

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice
Default Re: What's your favourite newspaper and why?

I love the Gulf News even for all its imperfections. I like colour in a paper and not one that makes my hands black. I ended up subscribing for Gulf News, because I kept reading their online issue for a year before our move to Dubai and lets face it, there is not one paper on earth that is right, at least Gulf News considers people with a lesser IQ and writes in a style suitable for non-English speakers. When I first started to learn English and we had to read The Independent or similar, I was really not keen on the language until I realized that people don't speak like that at all. English appears to me one of the most basic languages you can get by with easily. Very little vocabulary is needed to be understood unlike in other languages where you can get yourself in deep trouble for not choosing the right words or wording. :scared:

I also read online versions from Swiss, Czech and British papers and others if I can just to get different views and ideas.

No time for gossip stuff and glossy magazines, too many adverts in them too. I have no doubt that I will get to hear the latest gossips from someone soon enough before I would even get the chance to read it myself.

The internet covers pretty much all my curiosity needs for free!